#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
People spend far too much time worrying about formations.

Our 2017-2019 "433" was very rarely 433. It was in fact 3241 for 70-80% of games with 1 fullback dropping into a back 3 and 1 sitting in front of defence with Fern. In theory we reverted to 433 in the defensive phase but the number of sustained attacks we actually faced where that really took shape was minimal.

So if we start playing a "352" on paper, the only actual difference is that the wingbacks provide the width we used to get from Sterling-Sane and we have 1 less attacking or defensive midfielder in exchange for a striker. There won't be any more defensively tasked players.

We saw that with the 352 we played before under Pep. The real shape of the side was identical, Mendy had about 5 assists in 3 games and Walker ran riot too, but we had 1 midfielder missing and Pep eventually didn't like it.

To paraphrase Pep, 442, 4231, 433, 352- they're just telephone numbers, they don't matter.
It matters when it’s 3-4-3 like against Lyon because we played with just 3 of the 11 players on the pitch who were attackers, when we’re an attacking possession based team.

Ederson Laporte García Fernandinho Cancelo Gudogan Rodri and Walker all played and created precisely fuck all because none of them are creators.

Still awaiting your answer to which was his last crap season, or have you been sussed?

Hi mate, have a job so can’t reply straight away. Just think it’s fine smashing in 5 against some nobodies in the caraboe. He isn’t a great striker. I think he’s a good player, but I don’t think he’s a finisher, so therefore not a striker. Personally I find him disappointing, when he’s in positions you don’t expect him to score. With other players, you’re already celebrating. With Jesus it comes as a shock.

Hi mate, have a job so can’t reply straight away. Just think it’s fine smashing in 5 against some nobodies in the caraboe. He isn’t a great striker. I think he’s a good player, but I don’t think he’s a finisher, so therefore not a striker. Personally I find him disappointing, when he’s in positions you don’t expect him to score. With other players, you’re already celebrating. With Jesus it comes as a shock.
You said he will be gone after another crap season, so you have still to answer when was his last crap season

Doesn’t live up to the hype that I see, read, know a lot of match going blues who agree. He hasn’t lived up to potential and he isn’t good enough to lead our line. He’s ok as a sub on the wing but we’ve better options, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.