#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long of a run does he want? He made 34 premier league appearances last season either starting or as sub. theres only 38 games in a season. the time for talking is over.

slagging a player before the season has started, nice one.

great to see that that you know how many games in a season though.

I love his energy and his movement it`s the best we have in the team.

Imo, he will be a top star at this club maybe even a legend.

Apps 102 goals 41 Jesus
Apps 144 goals 44 Rashford
Apps 176 goals 56 Firminho

Great post as there are a lot of very strange, nay dubious, opinions in this thread.

If your happy with him fair enough, I'm not. I was responding to the post that was hoping he'd get a run in the team. I'd say he's already had one.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion.
But you think he cant shoot , head , dribble and is slow. That is what you post.
His actual scoring record is very good, especially ad he plays second fiddle to a goalscoring god.
I don't expect you to understand this but playing as a striker in a pep team is tough, often isolated as pep
looks to overload in different areas.
Jesus has many qualities, like all strikers he doesn't convert all his opportunities, none of them do.
25 million for a striker, with his best years ahead of him, and a great scoring record, was great business.
It seems he will never convince you.

Great post as there are a lot of very strange, nay dubious, opinions in this thread.

I like Jesus but i think people who are still a bit dubious about him are comparing him to the truly top class strikers like prime Aguero, Kane, Lewa and rat face etc. It’s no surprise to see Gabby’s stats compare very favourably to 2 players who’ll never be top class.One of which who’s job is basically to graft like fuck and be a foil for 2 world class wide forwards and another player who plays wide left in an average side most of the time and who’ll never be a natural goal scorer as long as he’s got a hole in his arse.

I like Jesus but i think people who are still a bit dubious about him are comparing him to the truly top class strikers like prime Aguero, Kane, Lewa and rat face etc. It’s no surprise to see Gabby’s stats compare very favourably to 2 players who’ll never be top class.One of which who’s job is basically to graft like fuck and be a foil for 2 world class wide forwards and another player who plays wide left in an average side most of the time and who’ll never be a natural goal scorer as long as he’s got a hole in his arse.

He is not an out and out centre forward though. He scores goals and creates goals and, in my view, the team functions better when he plays. You are comparing him with target men and he is obviously not that, nor do we necessarily need that.

He is not an out and out centre forward though. He scores goals and creates goals and, in my view, the team functions better when he plays. You are comparing him with target men and he is obviously not that, nor do we necessarily need that.

True. I still think though with so many teams causing us problems with parked busses last season a more conventional number 9 would be a great option. His pressing is great but we need to get back to pressing as a team like before otherwise it’s often wasted. Hopefully this season sees a return to 2 number 8’s who can run and press high to help Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.