#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehemently dislike?

It certainly appears that way. With some posters it seems that no matter what he does it's just never good enough.

They just want him to put the ball in the net, which is understandable, but they don't seem to appreciate what he brings to the TEAM.

Because they watch football at a basic level.
They do not understand how we play as a team and why he is vital to that.
They understand score, shots, wins, losses.

Second highest rated player by Whoscored (behind Kev) in the match.

But useless, otherwise.

Not useless. On this thread it goes like this:

He doesn’t score = he’s useless, we need to buy a striker
Scores one goal = decent but not as good as Aguero
Scores 2+ goals = alright but he doesn’t do it against the top teams/he doesn’t score in big games

Etc etc

Not useless. On this thread it goes like this:

He doesn’t score = he’s useless, we need to buy a striker
Scores one goal = decent but not as good as Aguero
Scores 2+ goals = alright but he doesn’t do it against the top teams/he doesn’t score in big games

Etc etc
A rotten rose by any other name... ;-)

The more I see Gabriel offside, the more pissed off I get... AT OUR OTHER PLAYERS.

Watch HIM in these situations. He spots the space and makes the run that will best get him the longest time of free space behind their defence as possible, I think his understanding of this is top class.

The understanding of his teammates of this is very poor!

Even de Bruyne, an incident in the first half as a prime example last night, where he took the ball for two extra touches before he got his head up but Jesus had already gone and made the correct run. But others are worse at it than de Bruyne.

I used to get annoyed at Gabi, but it’s not Gabi’s problem, it’s the other players not having learnt or got to Gabi’s level at understanding space and time.

The more I see Gabriel offside, the more pissed off I get... AT OUR OTHER PLAYERS.

Watch HIM in these situations. He spots the space and makes the run that will best get him the longest time of free space behind their defence as possible, I think his understanding of this is top class.

Even de Bruyne, an incident in the first half as a prime example last night, where he took the ball for two extra touches before he got his head up but Jesus had already gone and made the correct run. But others are worse at it than de Bruyne.

I used to get annoyed at Gabi, but it’s not Gabi’s problem, it’s the other players not having learnt or got to Gabi’s level at understanding space and time.

other top strikers manage it, and he has the most incisive, instinctive and precise passer in world football behind him so he has no excuses. Just time his runs properly and stick the ball in the net when asked.

Only thing that annoyed me last night was the shit after he'd turned Coady, think he should have scored there. And yes, that's probably unreasonable of me.

Love the energy with the those 3 up top

Vehemently dislike?

It certainly appears that way. With some posters it seems that no matter what he does it's just never good enough.

They just want him to put the ball in the net, which is understandable, but they don't seem to appreciate what he brings to the TEAM.
Not personaly dislike, he is a nice kid , i do see what he does but he should not keep on with bad habits after all these years with pep and prem football, that is my only gripe , i suppose i prefer a purer striker that is decent at the other things as well

Can’t agree on that instance. Kevin was chastising Gabby for making the wrong run. Kev wanted a diagonal run to Gabbys right which would have released him. Instead Gabby ran ahead and the defender blocked the pass. Gabbys movement is usually phenomenal but he got that one wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.