#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I see Gabriel offside, the more pissed off I get... AT OUR OTHER PLAYERS.

Watch HIM in these situations. He spots the space and makes the run that will best get him the longest time of free space behind their defence as possible, I think his understanding of this is top class.

The understanding of his teammates of this is very poor!

Even de Bruyne, an incident in the first half as a prime example last night, where he took the ball for two extra touches before he got his head up but Jesus had already gone and made the correct run. But others are worse at it than de Bruyne.

I used to get annoyed at Gabi, but it’s not Gabi’s problem, it’s the other players not having learnt or got to Gabi’s level at understanding space and time.
Bollocks, he has to atune to the others not the team to him

Feel like their isn't many, if any players in world football that are buyable, that can offer what Jesus does to our team, brilliant on the ball, strong, great link up play and leads the press incredibly well. This is why I've been worried the last few seasons whenever there are links that we might sell him.

However I agree with others he does really need to score more goals, as noted in here before that chance where he turned coady, he needs to finish that, it would make it 3-0 and kill the game off, that's what we lacked last season (newcastle away as a notable example)

Watching the game last night and with raheem getting 30 goals last season, it made me think that if we can get a couple of the other wingers getting 20-25 goals a season each, it could make up for the ones jesus misses.

Last edited:
Feel like their isn't many, if any players in world football that are buyable, that can offer what Jesus does to our team, brilliant on the ball, strong, great link up play and leads the press incredibly well. This is why I've been worried the last few seasons whenever there are links that we might sell him.

However I agree with others he does really need to score more goals, as noted in here before that chance where he turned coady, he needs to finish that, it would make it 3-0 and kill the game off, that's what we lacked last season (newcastle away as a notable example)

Yes incredible that Raheem scored 40 goals last season. At least 10 of which o had forgotten about, remind me ?
Watching the game last night and with raheem getting 40 goals last season, it made me think that if we can get a couple of the other wingers getting 20-25 goals a season each, it could make up for the ones jesus misses.

Watching the game last night and with raheem getting 40 goals last season, it made me think that if we can get a couple of the other wingers getting 20-25 goals a season each, it could make up for the ones jesus misses.

Raheem got 40 did he?

Second highest rated player by Whoscored (behind Kev) in the match.

But useless, otherwise.
I find that they can be a bit data point heavy at times. They value goals, dribbles, and tackles really high. But generally they have the right idea.

FWIW Jesus was the fourth highest rated player prior to scoring, behind De Bruyne, Foden, and Traoré (2 goalscorers and Mr. Dribbler) as well. Which bodes well.

I find that they can be a bit data point heavy at times. They value goals, dribbles, and tackles really high. But generally they have the right idea.

FWIW Jesus was the fourth highest rated player prior to scoring, behind De Bruyne, Foden, and Traoré (2 goalscorers and Mr. Dribbler) as well. Which bodes well.
Yeah, stats-based ratings system do tend to rely heavily on data. ;-)

As a data scientist, I appreciate a data driven assessment tool that can be used in tandem with our own more holistic, qualitative assessments. Leveraging both usually leads to a much more accurate understanding than only one.

More often than not the data backs Jesus’ substantial contribution to City’s performance, even when he does not score or assist.

For anyone interested, Whoscored has an overview of their rating system here (it’s unsurprisingly a bit vague given this is a paid service, as well):

/sponsored_content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.