#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of them have (or had) COVID, one is leaving the club, two are youth players. So we have our second choice rightback and third-choice leftback out, one midfielder and our two senior forwards.

It’s really just the fact both strikers are out that’s the issue. The rest is just padding to add unnecessary drama
Yeah, I’m aware of that. Speaks levels about our squad when we can put out such strong teams when Cancelo, Ota, Zinchenko, Laporte, Gundogan, Bernardo, Aguero and now also Jesus

if true about jesus then the club has to go and sign another striker and top draw not a cover squad player

city have been short in the striker role for 2 seasons ? but won so many cups and title that covers the gap
but when one goes down the other steps up now maybe both are out

if true about jesus then the club has to go and sign another striker and top draw not a cover squad player

city have been short in the striker role for 2 seasons ? but won so many cups and title that covers the gap
but when one goes down the other steps up now maybe both are out
It's a difficult conundrum because say City sign a striker, and then after the international break Aguero and Jesus are both back. Then we have 3 strikers plus the emerging Delap all for one position, which could become unnecessarily clogged. You'd have at least 1 if not 2 players getting shafted on game time. Maybe if Jesus were transitioned into a winger/part time striker it could work, but I'm not sure that's on the horizon.

But obviously the other side of the coin is what we have now, which is also less than ideal.

It's a difficult conundrum because say City sign a striker, and then after the international break Aguero and Jesus are both back. Then we have 3 strikers plus the emerging Delap all for one position, which could become unnecessarily clogged. You'd have at least 1 if not 2 players getting shafted on game time. Maybe if Jesus were transitioned into a winger/part time striker it could work, but I'm not sure that's on the horizon.

But obviously the other side of the coin is what we have now, which is also less than ideal.

Cavani is still a free agent, just saying.

Cavani is still a free agent, just saying.
True, but we don't know how much of a budget we've got wages wise. Even if there were room for him what happens if he wants too much? Especially if he knows he's not going to be even 2nd choice.

Plus he's injury prone himself. Would it be worth it for a year?

I don't think there's a simple answer either way.

True, but we don't know how much of a budget we've got wages wise. Even if there were room for him what happens if he wants too much? Especially if he knows he's not going to be even 2nd choice.

Plus he's injury prone himself. Would it be worth it for a year?

I don't think there's a simple answer either way.

Yep, agree it would be a gamble even if possible but for them cheek bones I think it's a gamble worth taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.