#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an interesting 3 minutes after he came on. Won the ball back about 4 times in the exact same way, and then also lost the ball about 4 times in the exact same way. Then he went on to be rather uninvolved. Not a great showing.

Although as with Sterling (and Mahrez and whoever's turn it is next time we don't wallop a team), the eagerness to write him off and move him on is a bit depressing on this forum.

As far as learning lessons go, Bluemoon is pretty bad at it.

Hope he catches some momentum and gains some confidence with it because if he does not he wont even hit 10 goals in this season. He is on 4 goals now, 2 PL, 1 Carabao, 1 CL. Missed a lot of games too due to injury/covid.

The amount of excuses made for this lad is unreal. If Mahrez had returned from Covid and played like this, you wouldn't be hearing half as many excuses. Jesus isn't good enough to make a difference at the highest level.
I have said it many times that he is a top class player. He wasn't good, last night for ten minutes, I grant you!

I don’t mind giving the ball away but to stand there and do fuck all about it afterwards is unacceptable. Pep could’ve easily hooked him for Sterling with justification.
If you were subbed for Sterling (for losing possession too much), you know you've had a bad night.

The amount of excuses made for this lad is unreal. If Mahrez had returned from Covid and played like this, you wouldn't be hearing half as many excuses. Jesus isn't good enough to make a difference at the highest level.
I think its unfair to compare the two.

Jesus came to us as a kid and in the main has done very well. theres an argument that he might never be good enough to be the Aguero replacement but that is a big ask of any player.

Mahrez came to us as a cherry on the top of a beautiful cake signing and in the main has been terrible. He has looked like he has been recovering from COVID for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.