#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird game for him.

His finishing was comically bad and it's impossible to defend that. Thankfully his goal was excellently taken.

He has this weird ability to position himself perfectly for chances and then miss them. At least as long as he plays for us the 1st part of the last sentence will guarantee he gets goals. It's not a coincidence his xG is always so high (and it's also not a coincidence that his G-xG is so low either before you point it out).

He has the same problem that Sterling has and that's confidence. Bernardo had similar problems too but he looks to be working himself out of that rut and Sterling tends to find his feet too normally after a dip, so I'm confident Jesus will be similar.

The first chance he had when he hit the post , four years ago when he joined us he scores that with his eyes shut , but he had two big chances and scored one , which is a great ratio for any striker. He didnt get the service tonight and he had to come deep looking for the ball to get involved , hopefully he gets a start against WBA and can build his confidence / momentum.

He’s a strange player. I am a massive fan of his and I still believe he has everything to be a top striker. However, his 1v1 finishing is woeful. His “header” in the 1st half was woeful. Then, the hardest chance he has all night, he brings it down like prime Bergkamp and smashes it in. Hopefully the goal gives him a boost of confidence because we need him.
I think he’s the type of player that plays into form.

In his time here at City he has been injured or behind Aguero.

Yet his record is still good.

I think if he went to a Everton or Villa and played every week regardless if he was playing well or not he would score a lot more.

Needs a pair of bollocks.

Ive defended him a lot on here but he was terrible tonight goal aside.
There are players in our first team far ahead in that particular queue than Gabby.

I agree he isnt cut out to be our main target man but as an attacking option behind such,he's a fine alternative.Little point keeping him though if we aren't going to use him there.

One thing you can say about Gabby is he never hides. Took his goal really well, but in general he needs to improve his finishing without a doubt. Let's hope the goal today will give him confidence and he can start scoring on a regular basis

Weird game for him.

His finishing was comically bad and it's impossible to defend that. Thankfully his goal was excellently taken.

He has this weird ability to position himself perfectly for chances and then miss them. At least as long as he plays for us the 1st part of the last sentence will guarantee he gets goals. It's not a coincidence his xG is always so high (and it's also not a coincidence that his G-xG is so low either before you point it out).

He has the same problem that Sterling has and that's confidence. Bernardo had similar problems too but he looks to be working himself out of that rut and Sterling tends to find his feet too normally after a dip, so I'm confident Jesus will be similar.

He reminds me a lot of Dzeko, who we always used to complain would miss easy chances and then score the most difficult chance of the match.

I think that's what strikers are like when they don't play regularly, and it's the difference between Gabby in 2017 when he arrived having played regularly for a long time, and his goalscoring efficiency has gone down as his game time has become more interupted.

If he can stay fit for the rest of the season I think he will start a lot and I expect his finishing to improve markedly, again, like Dzeko who scored 40 goals in 50 games in his first season starting for Roma after 5 years on the bench at City.

He reminds me a lot of Dzeko, who we always used to complain would miss easy chances and then score the most difficult chance of the match.

I think that's what strikers are like when they don't play regularly, and it's the difference between Gabby in 2017 when he arrived having played regularly for a long time, and his goalscoring efficiency has gone down as his game time has become more interupted.

If he can stay fit for the rest of the season I think he will start a lot and I expect his finishing to improve markedly.
Yeah on top of that he's mostly featured in the City team of this season that was struggling on all attacking fronts.

Hopefully if he gets repeated games in this City side it'll be like the back end of last season where his contributions were far more pronounced.

He has no composure in front of goal. Doesnt seem to decide what to Do and so ends up rushing a poorly executed effort. His goal was because he brought it down and twatted it. Didn’t think.

I dare say salah was the same in his first dipper season, when he would miss hatful of one on ones. The. It clicked and he seemed to have all the Time in the world.

I hope Jesus has the same epiphany but I’m not holding my breath.
better used as a wide forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.