#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not what we want from a number 9 but its the minimum you expect in a game, never mind a derby. I will take what Jesus did over he likes of Debruyne, Mahrez and Sterling etc who were all zombies out there today.
His effort can rarely be faulted ,its just that most of it is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Today he ran around like a slightly irritated teenager looking for his phone.

I want more from the other 9 players on the pitch as well. Jesus is not a 'main' striker, we all know this. Stop judging the lad on it. He spends more time out of the box than in it and if you dont think thats Pep telling him that then you need to watch it again.

What is he then?

His effort can rarely be faulted ,its just that most of it is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Today he ran around like a slightly irritated teenager looking for his phone.
Well he was desperate to try and make up for the penalty fuck up so I will admit he was a bit headless today but he kept trying, he made a lot of good runs, setup the Rodri chance and so forth.

The collective is greater than the Individual and shock horror, when he has runners behind him who can press and take advantage of the space he creates (Phil, Gundo and Bernardo) we look a better team. Play him with Mahrez and De Bruyne walking about and he looks like a fish out of water.

If you think jesus cost us the game today you should probably find a new sport to watch.

We created fuck all for him, there was zero intensity in our game which allowed them to stick 10 men behind the ball and force us to play around the centre circle for the majority of the game.

there was a few times we had chances to counter their counter, he made good runs and the midfield slowed down the ball turned around and passed it back to one of the back 4 allowing their entire team to get back in, with build up like that and a refusal to put crosses in how exactly is he supposed to get involved and make an impact? Stick any striker you want to name upfront today and you'd have got nothing from them either.

I want more from the other 9 players on the pitch as well. Jesus is not a 'main' striker, we all know this. Stop judging the lad on it. He spends more time out of the box than in it and if you dont think thats Pep telling him that then you need to watch it again.
But his all round play is hardly great is it? He rarely beats a man, average passer, no real pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.