#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was scintillating and I believe that is because he was out on the left. I think he would thrive as an out and out left sided player with a dedicated front man in the middle
I’ve been saying it since that performance against Villa last season. It was like everything was natural for him in that position (which isn’t always the case as a #9), all his best assets were on show and were contributing to our play even better than his good games at #9.

Then he played there again against Madrid and that’s all I needed to see to be convinced he’s a left forward. Not just on the ball, but defensively he’s magnificent! And you need that from you wide forwards.

Yet we didn’t see him there again until last night! Where, again, he looked like a natural left forward.

I’ve been saying it since that performance against Villa last season. It was like everything was natural for him in that position (which isn’t always the case as a #9), all his best assets were on show and were contributing to our play even better than his good games at #9.

Then he played there again against Madrid and that’s all I needed to see to be convinced he’s a left forward. Not just on the ball, but defensively he’s magnificent! And you need that from you wide forwards.

Yet we didn’t see him there again until last night! Where, again, he looked like a natural left forward.
Totally agree, and I think he would embrace that opportunity

Absolutely keep him. But we need more than one striker.
We do but I think Jesus should get a chance to prove himself. He's always been seen as the 2nd striker to Aguero but I think if he was the main man he would relax into the role and score more goals. His all-round game is excellent.

We do but I think Jesus should get a chance to prove himself. He's always been seen as the 2nd striker to Aguero but I think if he was the main man he would relax into the role and score more goals. His all-round game is excellent.
This season was his chance to do that and he hasn't seized it. He's never going to be that ruthless striker but he's a brilliant player, a real asset to the squad.

Jesus will come good his work rate for this team is incredible. Just needs another top striker alongside him to learn on his finishing & positions. Aguero is not that player for him as he knows Aguero will be leaving soon. He needs another young striker with him. To much pressure on him as a main striker, he’s second choice for now. Also think he’s better out wide than central

We are very, very lucky to have a player with his particular skill set. Genuinely haven't seen a forward player who works as hard as he does whilst also being a fantastic footballer.
Its easy to point at his misses and claim that means he cant cut it, but I guarantee that Pep wouldn't change him for anybody.
We might bring another forward in but Jesus is going nowhere for a long time.

I also think people on here will cut him more slack. Up front, if he isn’t scoring at the same rate as Aguero, he is on a hiding-to-nothing on here. Play him wide left, he will do everything he is great at, and he will be appreciated for it. He will still score 15+ goal per season.

He does play well on the left but would be competing with Foden and Sterling for that spot. Those two can play in the other forward positions but I cannot see Jesus establishing himself as first choice on the left.

If he could just improve his finishing a little bit then I would be happy for him to be the main striker. With our setup we do not need a 30 goal a season striker nice as that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.