#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I’m obsessed how people can defend a piss average striker and think he is the saviour!! He isn’t . And what is it with people like you looking through members past posts ? It’s my opinion . He’s very average and overrated .
He is indeed. Sterling was poor today and getting pelters but Sterling has done more than Jesus especially in bigger games yet Jesus gets a free ride off some week after week. Would he start for anyone else in top 6 I doubt it

Jesus has got the heart of a lion and works very hard, but the lad simply lacks presence on the pitch and is far too predictable. Defenders aren't intimidated by him and he rarely (if ever) puts them on the back foot.
Having looked the real deal when we signed him, I think it reasonable for fans to have expected him to really 'kick on' since, and become a better striker. Unfortunately, in my opinion, he seems to have regressed as a striker over the last few seasons.

Although I agree with you overall I do think he can make defenders uncomfortable when isolated. He’s one of our trickiest dribblers but we don’t really create a lot of great situations for that centrally. He also doesn’t really have that burst of pace to take advantage of the opening he creates when he does wrong foot someone. I think he’d be really good in a different setup. If Inter were to sell Lautaro and he rocked up there he might bag a ton.

Although I agree with you overall I do think he can make defenders uncomfortable when isolated. He’s one of our trickiest dribblers but we don’t really create a lot of great situations for that centrally. He also doesn’t really have that burst of pace to take advantage of the opening he creates when he does wrong foot someone. I think he’d be really good in a different setup. If Inter were to sell Lautaro and he rocked up there he might bag a ton.
I can’t remember him dribbling past anybody

On the one hand, you can't ignore it when a striker doesn't really register much as far as shots are concerned.

On the other, I couldn't help but feel during the 2nd half that had Sterling or Bernardo taken one of their chances and we then go on to win the game like we should have done, there'd be a lot on here praising him today.

I strongly believe the level of criticism is way OTT for this one game. Not Sterling bad, but he's probably next in the queue.

Is he putting the fear into defenders in PL?

I dont think so. And he just does not deliver enough goals. Comes deep a lot, instead of being at least a fox in the box. He does help with pressing, but a world class striker with a killer instinct would lift our whole attack to a new level imo. Someone thats puts the fear into defenders and motivates teammates to give him the ball because he will deliver.

What belief players have to involve Jesus in the play? He just does not deliver the goals and assists enough imo. He had fantastic games for us here and there but not consistently for sure.

This season with all the shit going around Kun with injuries and Pep losing faith in him, Jesus should have break through and make the center spot of his own.
But Pep often happy to start without striker as we are not less likely to score less withouth Jesus upfront. this would not happen with Kane or Haaland upfront.

I hope Pep changes his position to DM, he will be great there.

He never stop pressing and fights for every ball.

But as a striker, I am not sure he is what we need.

Still got very good strike rate so it would be very silly to play him as defensive midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.