Gabriel Jesus joins Arsenal

I agree with a lot of the posters here. Jesus had more than enough opportunities. Wish we could have him back in a heartbeat. He will thrive at Arsenal and I hope he does.

Some players just need a different environment to reach their best.

Pep's an amazing manager, maybe the best ever, but I get the sense he's very "sink or swim", he doesn't have time to rebuild confidence in a player every time they hit a down spell.

Arteta is different, he's much more of a cheerleader. That's why he was such a great assistant to Pep and why Jesus, Sterling and Sané all were at their best when he was at the club. They were all confidence players who Arteta worked with 1 on 1.

Watching Jesus today he's almost unrecongisable from the player of the last 2 years at City with the exception of games where he got a really early goal and could relax and play with confidence.

Arteta is going all in on him, and he's going to build up his confidence every day, and he'll be a much better player than he could be here. The sacrifice is he won't win trophies every year and play in the CL every season.

Pep's an amazing manager, maybe the best ever, but I get the sense he's very "sink or swim", he doesn't have time to rebuild confidence in a player every time they hit a down spell.

Arteta is different, he's much more of a cheerleader. That's why he was such a great assistant to Pep and why Jesus, Sterling and Sané all were at their best when he was at the club. They were all confidence players who Arteta worked with 1 on 1.

Watching Jesus today he's almost unrecongisable from the player of the last 2 years at City with the exception of games where he got a really early goal and could relax and play with confidence.

Arteta is going all in on him, and he's going to build up his confidence every day, and he'll be a much better player than he could be here. The sacrifice is he won't win trophies every year and play in the CL every season.
Yep. This. It's football psychology which means players will fall or thrive in different environments. I'm currently getting almost as much joy from his goals as when he was with us. That will only change if he scores against us or Arsenal are top of the league.

Spot on.
Arteta after Pep maybe?

Spot on.
Arteta after Pep maybe?
I like Arteta and hope Arsenal stick with him. He's pretty early in his managerial career and he needs the time and freedom to develop his own style, try stuff out and make mistakes.

I think that with that talented young Arsenal squad and a supportive board whose expectations are steady improvement, he's in the place he needs to be right now.

If Pep were to leave next summer, I don't think Arteta is ready. But if Pep gives us a few more years then Arteta may well be in the running. It's worth monitoring how he does, anyway.

According to Shearer it’s now that he feels wanted at Arsenal - that’s why he is playing so well.
Completely unnecessary comment.
Absolutely no need for it but I guess all his finishing was on show, scored two missed three easier chances.

I never wanted him to leave tbh but I guess we have to move on, he will score 20+ goals as he will get plenty of chances and all the minutes to score from them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.