Gabriel Jesus rejects new contract offer - The Times

If he has a good WC with Brazil his agent will want much more than 100k imo.

Cant really blame him and Sterling for waiting till after the World Cup. If they have brilliant World Cups they will be worth more in the current market.

It’s fair enough, imo. A lot of footballers hold off on contracts until after a summer tournament. If they go into negotiations after a good summer it only ever improves their deal.

When an average footballer is earning 400k plus every week down the road and has scored less than goals than you even though u spent a significant timr out with injury i think you are right to demand more than 90 k in todays market. 110-120k plus bonusses would be reasonable

He's got 3 years left on his contract so it's not time to panic, Sterling is doing the same and holding out for an improved offer after the world cup. It's a good job we aren't in United's position looking at some of their wages now, getting players to renew their contracts would be far trickier. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they have to let players go rather than renew if their wage structure gets any worse, the fans may think they can afford to pay whatever they want but they can't.

Thank god for Bluemoon forum... I almost can't take reading about football on Twitter anymore... Every goddamn "fan" says sell on there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.