Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby and Bernardo have both been offered pay rises though.

Stones will be on whatever he gets paid because he actually signed the contract offered.

Grealish will be on massive wages because he was a marquee signing, unlike Gabby and Bernardo. We're not going to drop silly money on someone to pay them sensible wages.
They may have been as you say offered pay rises but that would mean they would extend their contracts. Something that Bernardo and Jesus maybe don't want to do for different reasons.

They may have been as you say offered pay rises but that would mean they would extend their contracts. Something that Bernardo and Jesus maybe don't want to do for different reasons.

Yes, that is a big part of increased wages. What should the club do, increase them anyway without the return on investment in contract length?

Yes, that is a big part of increased wages. What should the club do, increase them anyway without the return on investment in contract length?
I understand that wouldn't be ideal, but it could prove problematic. Not so much for new signings but for established players.

I understand that wouldn't be ideal, but it could prove problematic. Not so much for new signings but for established players.

I don't disagree. But contracts work on scale and length. Can't really remember any player leaving because of wages. Sane maybe to an extent, amongst other things including the national manager being Bayern's tool, but even he had an offee on the table, and the promise of more to come. Which is how the club seems to work with players.

Gutted to be losing Jesus, he’s been great for us and offers a lot with his movement. Now we‘ll be down to one striker again so when Haaland is out we’ll be stuck having to play square pegs in round holes again, unless Alvarez proves to be at least as good as Jesus.

Gutted to be losing Jesus, he’s been great for us and offers a lot with his movement. Now we‘ll be down to one striker again so when Haaland is out we’ll be stuck having to play square pegs in round holes again, unless Alvarez proves to be at least as good as Jesus.
You mean when Haaland is out stuck with a system that won the last 2 leagues. So I think we'll be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.