Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too close for comfort last season though! Would prefer we didn‘t give the scousers a sniff this season, so we need a strong squad.
Yes, but unless Haaland is out a lot we will be stronger, I'm sure we'll cope when he isn't available.

Last edited:
Too close for comfort last season though! Would prefer we didn‘t give the scousers a sniff this season, so we need a strong squad.
Was unpleasant to go through it but actually prefer those sorts of gaps at the end. Love the 'if we'd won one more game' or 'if you'd dropped points against'. Yep, and if my auntie had balls.

The thing I did not like was if Jesus end to the season was a shop window come and buy me ?

That form in the run in is what we want from him every week when he puts a city shirt on because we know he is a world-class player, if he played like that from the beginning of pep as manager we would be not talking about a move, we have seen some shocking displays by Jesus over the years and even hiding, not wanting the ball, just going through the motions, spit his dummy out stuff ? But we have also seen magic and won us games like in the run,

somebody going to get a good deal ? But could also get a box of frogs if you don't play him

Jesus is one of those team players that does the kind of things that go unnoticed. Because he isn't always smashing in goals or popping up with regular assists people don't seem to rate him.

It's the off the ball stuff that has often been pivotal to us breaking down stubborn teams. He is absolutely brilliant at creating space for others. It's like he has defenders on a string pulling them out of position for our midfield to exploit the space. I don't think there are many in the PL who better than Gabby at doing this.
You make him sound like the modern day Paul Dickov!

The thing I did not like was if Jesus end to the season was a shop window come and buy me ?

That form in the run in is what we want from him every week when he puts a city shirt on because we know he is a world-class player, if he played like that from the beginning of pep as manager we would be not talking about a move, we have seen some shocking displays by Jesus over the years and even hiding, not wanting the ball, just going through the motions, spit his dummy out stuff ? But we have also seen magic and won us games like in the run,

somebody going to get a good deal ? But could also get a box of frogs if you don't play him
Nah, hes always been a streaky form player, this was just coincidence and perfectly timed for us and him. It may have also been a weight of his mind once his decision was made. We wont know till he speaks on it.

I very much wish he were staying and think he fits our style brilliantly, but he is definitely not world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.