Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, he frustrated but who doesn’t. Our MOTM against Villa and his corner flag heroics to bring the title home will live long in my memory. Same goes for Raz, his introduction and peach of a cross, brought us back from the abyss. Hope they both do well if they go except obviously when facing us
Motm lol

Pleased for him that he makes a decent move to Arsenal,was a great servant for us.Feel he will thrive at his new club.

Contract paid up ?
Possibly. I imagine a footballer may have their contract paid up if they're sold by the club or, alternatively, forego any outstanding payments if they ask for a transfer.....which is probably why players are reluctant to put in a transfer request. Football agents are far smarter than I am so there'll be all sorts of contract clauses designed to benefit both the star and the agent. The club will push for similar clauses to suit the club. The final contract will be a compromise. I think my initial point stands though......a higher fee doesn't necessarily mean a better deal.

Has anyone seen ANYTHING from Arteta's Arsenal that makes you think they could be comparable to City's style once Arteta gets better players? He hasn't really imprinted our style of play. If you look at Brighton, you can see what Potter is trying to do, likewise Leeds with Bielsa last year. Arsenal just look like lukewarm milk.

Possibly. I imagine a footballer may have their contract paid up if they're sold by the club or, alternatively, forego any outstanding payments if they ask for a transfer.....which is probably why players are reluctant to put in a transfer request. Football agents are far smarter than I am so there'll be all sorts of contract clauses designed to benefit both the star and the agent. The club will push for similar clauses to suit the club. The final contract will be a compromise. I think my initial point stands though......a higher fee doesn't necessarily mean a better deal.
Sorry, that’s absolute nonsense. A player doesn’t get paid for the remaining years of his existing contract when someone else buys him

Gutted he's going. I'd sell any of last seasons front line bar Foden before Jesus. I think he's crucial in the big games when we need him to set that high tempo that gets us so many big game wins. I think we will drop noticeably more points against the better sides without him and he will be a big loss. I want to wish him the best but he's going to a club with a horrible set of fans so I just can't. Will always get a very warm welcome whenever he's back at the etihad.
I respect your opinion but disagree in the strongest possible terms. He didn’t start a game between December and the Liverpool match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.