Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's complete speculation right now.

Putting our faith in Cole Palmer and a 22 year old from the Argentinian league to do what Jesus did week in-week out is a risk. Obviously a calculated risk but still remains to be seen how it plays out.
Week in week out? He made 21 league appearances last season of which 7 were as a sub. That’s hardly like we are going to be missing our right arm.

I'm aware how unpopular my take is on Alvarez and I hope he proves me wrong but I just haven't seen 'it' with him.

I remember watching Jesus for Palmeiras when there were rumors and thinking,"oh, okay. I see why we want him". You could see how great of an athlete he was despite being a bit rough around the edges. I haven't got that feeling in the slightest from Alvarez. Just looks so small and slow. Not to mention he's quite literally missed a sitter in 50% of the games I've seen of his. Granted it's probably been 1000> minutes or so of game time I've seen from him.
Well this is ripe for a bookmark

Possibly. I imagine a footballer may have their contract paid up if they're sold by the club or, alternatively, forego any outstanding payments if they ask for a transfer.....which is probably why players are reluctant to put in a transfer request. Football agents are far smarter than I am so there'll be all sorts of contract clauses designed to benefit both the star and the agent. The club will push for similar clauses to suit the club. The final contract will be a compromise. I think my initial point stands though......a higher fee doesn't necessarily mean a better deal.
This is not remotely correct.

I think City need to be extremely careful before selling Jesus to a rival for £45 million. He's a current Brazil international. Works incredibly hard for the team. Is settled in Manchester for the last 5 years. Madrid offered £130 million for M'Bappe with a year left on his deal. Anytime i went to Arsenal i was either charged £80 for a ticket in the home end or at least £60 in the away end. Why sell cheap? Make no mistake Jesus is top drawer. £65 million is a more realistic price. But i personally want him to stay. Fantstic attitude and spirit from a wonderful team player.

Always gave 100% but a lot of weaknesses to his game.
Offside a lot and a high average of missed chances.
In saying that i liked him but cannot believe he was so keen to go to the gooners.
Thanks for your efforts.

I think City need to be extremely careful before selling Jesus to a rival for £45 million. He's a current Brazil international. Works incredibly hard for the team. Is settled in Manchester for the last 5 years. Madrid offered £130 million for M'Bappe with a year left on his deal. Anytime i went to Arsenal i was either charged £80 for a ticket in the home end or at least £60 in the away end. Why sell cheap? Make no mistake Jesus is top drawer. £65 million is a more realistic price. But i personally want him to stay. Fantstic attitude and spirit from a wonderful team player.
I thought he was going to Arsenal?

Better transfer for Arsenal than it is for Gabi. Realistically our best fee was always going to come from a Premier League team. This will be a good test for Gabi and it will be interesting to see him develop outside of City. Is he going to look a better player in a squad with less quality? Can he pull that team into improvement? Or will he underwhelm like Pepe? He's a likeable guy so I hope he does well.

All the best Gabi

Some moves just fit, and this is one of them. Pleased for him and I hope he smashes it there, other than when we play them of course.

Sorry, that’s absolute nonsense. A player doesn’t get paid for the remaining years of his existing contract when someone else buys him
Appreciate you may have a different view, and I'm not saying it happens in all cases or even in most cases, but I'm pretty confident stuff like this may happen in some transfers. I get involved in contract negotiations for a living and have done for many years.....there are always trade-offs. I had used that specific scenario as an example to bring my point to life.....there will be lots of other scenarios clubs and agents compromise on that we're not aware of that ultimately impact the reported fee....that was my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.