Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate you may have a different view, and I'm not saying it happens in all cases or even in most cases, but I'm pretty confident stuff like this may happen in some transfers. I get involved in contract negotiations for a living and have done for many years.....there are always trade-offs. I had used that specific scenario as an example to bring my point to life.....there will be lots of other scenarios clubs and agents compromise on that we're not aware of that ultimately impact the reported fee....that was my point.
They are entitled to the latest instalment of their annualised loyalty bonus if they haven’t formally requested a transfer. They don’t get the rest of their salary

I thought Jesus was going to be the next best number 9 that Brazil has had, during his first few games he seemed un-droppable. But injuries really hampered his seasons, when he gets a head of steam, he gets injured (even this season when he started on the right wing and was amazing). Still, i think he'll do well at Arsenal and his skills with the ball and criminally underrated.

I'm aware how unpopular my take is on Alvarez and I hope he proves me wrong but I just haven't seen 'it' with him.

I remember watching Jesus for Palmeiras when there were rumors and thinking,"oh, okay. I see why we want him". You could see how great of an athlete he was despite being a bit rough around the edges. I haven't got that feeling in the slightest from Alvarez. Just looks so small and slow. Not to mention he's quite literally missed a sitter in 50% of the games I've seen of his. Granted it's probably been 1000> minutes or so of game time I've seen from him.
I kind if see that, but, for me, It's the way Alverez scores - he often puts the ball where the keeper simply doesn't expect it. Even the best keepers will struggle to stop him scoring.

That’s Spurs territory

Indeed it is. He's actually from Palmers Green (between Enfield Town and Wood Green) making it even more surprising that he is a Gooner. Saying that, my missus was brought up in Barnet, which I tend to associate more with Arsenal (middle class, innit), but she is Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.