Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be gutted to see him go. But he did have some chances and would always take that extra touch. He just doesn't quite have it as a clinical finisher.

For those that want Raz to go instead of him. Have a little cold water poured on your heads. He came on and was fantastic. The three subs won us the game yesterday. Raheem deserves huge credit.
Agreed, whoever comes in to take their places will have a hell of a job to do better.

Sterling and Jesus have made a huge and special contribution to our success.

If he stayed and was rotated up top and on the right he would get 40+ games over the season.

I really don’t see the point in signing Haaland and then letting his only true competition/backup leave the club. If Haaland gets injured, or is out of form, we will be back to the false 9 scenario that we have been in this season.

I get that we may need to balance the books and Jesus is probably much easier to shift than Mahrez or Sterling but I think we will regret it.

If he stayed and was rotated up top and on the right he would get 40+ games over the season.

I really don’t see the point in signing Haaland and then letting his only true competition/backup leave the club. If Haaland gets injured, or is out of form, we will be back to the false 9 scenario that we have been in this season.

I get that we may need to balance the books and Jesus is probably much easier to shift than Mahrez or Sterling but I think we will regret it.
It looks pretty clear that we don't want to sell him but the lad himself wants to go. Aguero left and still Pep wouldn't play him, we have just signed another two forwards and I can't blame Gabby for thinking whats the point.

He needs to go somewhere and be first choice number 9. If he were to stay, great, he's been excellent in the run in, but I think his career would benefit from being first choice somewhere and next season he will have haaland in his way.

Spurs isn't it though. He has Kane and son ahead of him there.
He's already said he prefers wing than 9.

IMO he needs to stay and fight to become our first choice RW.

We will need a righted footed RW with Haaland coming next year and Jesus has all the attributes to excell in this position.

We will need a righted footed RW with Haaland coming next year and Jesus has all the attributes to excell in this position.
This was last month after the Watford game.

He said: "From my beginnings I played in different attacking positions, but, yes, you ask me my preference, I am more used to being a nine and I like it more too. I have that versatility to play on the wings, but I prefer to be a nine."

Reactions: JDV
Starting to think we have not offered him a new contract, or if we have not one on terms that he wanted/expected.
The amount we've played him the last few weeks that feels unlikely. It feels like we're trying to win him over with game time, but he might leave over fears it won't continue.

If Sterling or Mahrez go then I wouldn't be surprised to see him renew on whatever terms he's after.

Plus there's rumours arsenal was more attractive as the relationship to brazil's national team. You have to wonder if new clubs getting linked is to push up contract demands?

I'd prefer our right footed right winger to be sterling who has more than shown why that position should be his, especially when playing with a conventional 9.

i would pick up the phone for Levy.

and would play a prank, Txiki should say "this is Dixie chicken, how can I help you sir?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.