Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
But remember the fee isn't the only lever in the transaction. Let's say to facilitate the deal Gabby agreed he wouldn't insist on his final year being paid up by us.....we save something like £6m in wages (I think someone said he's on about £120k a week) so our net position is £51m. Now the opposite could also happen so we could've pushed for say £55m fee but Gabby insisted on his contract being paid up because we've asked for top dollar....our net position would be £49m.....£2m worse off. We as fans don't get to find out about the finer details of these deals so we shouldn't always assume a higher fee is a better result.
Contract paid up ?

Brilliant deal

£45m + £10m, year left on his contract with little chance of a renewal (and if he renewed hed be among our top earners given what Arsenal are paying them)

Fantastic

£55mil for Ferran, £55mil for Sane and now £55mil for Jesus....that's £165mil of sales, two of whom were into the final 12 months of their deals

We may not be the best at selling players, but we're getting there

That’s the crux of it for me and proves exactly why we are one of the best run clubs in the world.

We signed an exciting young prospect from South America, on modest PL wages, who played an important role in our recent success.

However, he never reached his full potential here and remains a squad player as opposed to the successor to Aguero we hoped him to be.

Rather than break the wage structure to keep him and prevent him from a decent move, we have sold him for a profit and replaced him with another exciting young prospect from South America on modest PL wages.

Jesus gets his big money move, we get a replacement, make a profit and Alvarez gets his big chance. Everyone wins and Jesus leaves on excellent terms.

just listened to ssn i think were paying arsenal to take him off our hands
the rags shouldve been all over this transfer glad they arent
i loved his work rate more so towards end of this season and that goal at southampton im still waiting for off side flag lol

There’s no way City would sell to Man Yoo and I doubt GJ would ever consider it given his respect for City

I dont think city fans get enough credit for how they treat outgoing players or ex players. Look at villa and pool every time it happens.
Well to be fair, I personally didnt really want ferran to succeed based on the way he left and all the tapping up and I'm glad to see he's not doing fantastically.

I hate that he is leaving.
Same here, he frustrated but who doesn’t. Our MOTM against Villa and his corner flag heroics to bring the title home will live long in my memory. Same goes for Raz, his introduction and peach of a cross, brought us back from the abyss. Hope they both do well if they go except obviously when facing us

Brilliant deal

£45m + £10m, year left on his contract with little chance of a renewal (and if he renewed hed be among our top earners given what Arsenal are paying them)

Fantastic

£55mil for Ferran, £55mil for Sane and now £55mil for Jesus....that's £165mil of sales, two of whom were into the final 12 months of their deals

We may not be the best at selling players, but we're getting there
Definitely an improvement as you say. Been a while coming mind. When you also factor in Haaland/Alvarez both coming in for £65 mil, things are looking to be ran very well. For us of a certain vintage who remember Swales, its frankly astounding we've got to this place…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.