Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as how I go out of my way to not slag off any current players, I have and will refrain from posting in the Gail Clichy thread until he leaves.

It takes real talent to play the other team onside and then fuck up two tackles to let them score. A rare talent is our Gael.

We have gambled with all our full backs and it hasn't paid off. No point in hanging the likes of Clichy out to dry. Angelino would of struggled this season in the current set up as well.

He offers little defensively and absolutely nothing going forward. And he's so error prone. Would Angelino really have been that much worse?

I commented about this last night mate.

None of us expected perfection under Pep but what we did think and expect from day one was he would no longer accept shit performances from players and he wouldn't be frightened of dropping anyone if they didn't perform but our full backs, regardless of how poor they are and how much they let him and his system down seem almost undroppable under him with us even playing wingers there now?

Angelino should be playing its that simple.

A summer transfer window without serious improvement in both full back positions will have this place in meltdown, rightly so and Txiki and Pep with lots to answer for because i cant accept watching the same players completely incapable of doing the job required of them week in, week out.

?
Angelino should be playing its that simple.
If you'd argue the case of Maffeo I would probably agree, but while I loved Angelino's determination and skills, I don't think it's a coincidence that he is currently a player of a relegation threatened side in the Segunda. Might become a great one in the future, mind, but he'll have to leave for good in the summer first, I'm afraid.

If you'd argue the case of Maffeo I would probably agree, but while I loved Angelino's determination and skills, I don't think it's a coincidence that he is currently a player of a relegation threatened side in the Segunda. Might become a great one in the future, mind, but he'll have to leave for good in the summer first, I'm afraid.

Id have them both in right now as they cant be any worse than what we see week in, week out.

For a side at our level ive honestly never seen such poor options at full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.