Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shit out of a few winnable challenges tonight. Disappointing to see.

artworks-000188754192-gndt8c-t500x500.jpg

Everybody else in the team has become fitter, faster and stronger under Guardiola, while Clichy looks slower and weaker than ever before.

When you see him get brushed off so easily you wonder how much worse Angelino could do.

Simply not good enough, hasn't been since 2011/12 title win to be honest. Thankfully his contract is up in June.

I don't know what happened at half-time but the french surrender monkey persona of the first half was gleefully shed, a lot more promising 2nd half.

That being said, got some unfair stick tonight, fella 2 rows in front yelled "fucking Clichy" when Sterling got tackled in the Watford half.

No, I don't know what he was watching either.

His "solid" spell coincided with Amrabat switching wings, when Success came on Amrabat went back over to Clichy's side and skinned him again to set up Ighalo for what should have been an equaliser.

Pussies out of two challenges in twenty seven minutes and eleven seconds. So, if he does indeed only get skinned once in the remaining sixty two minutes and forty nine seconds, I'll stick with that statement.

Watching it back, he was also a positive influence on the ball other than him twatting it to absolutely nobody near the end of the first half.

I'm not saying he had an amazing game and Watford being shit and directionless helped. That being said it was one of his better performances this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.