Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigOscar

Doesn't seem to have a thread, which possibly tells it's own story.

A complete non-event of a player these days. Defensively average a best and pretty much pointless when we have the ball, surely the time has come for a couple of new leftbacks? Clichy has survived for far too long just because he's better defensively than Kolarov, but that's not exactly something to be proud of. If he was Sagna level at defending then you could excuse his lack of attacking, but he's nowhere near that.

Had his pants pulled down by Roberts today

he will not be here next season as hes out of contract. Should have been sold after the disastrous 2012/13 season along with Kolarov.

I really like Clichy and think many of our fans always have underrated him. When he was in his prime he was really good going forward as well as defending but never really got the recognition I think he deserved. Sadly he's been very poor this season and maybe his age and recent injuries has taken his toll on him.

Anyway he's been a great servant to our club and has always been very reliable. Even if his poor form continues I do hope that us fans don't forget that and gives him the farewell he deserves towards the end of the season.

I really like Clichy and think many of our fans always have underrated him. When he was in his prime he was really good going forward as well as defending but never really got the recognition I think he deserved. Sadly he's been very poor this season and maybe his age and recent injuries has taken his toll on him.

Anyway he's been a great servant to our club and has always been very reliable. Even if his poor form continues I do hope that us fans don't forget that and gives him the farewell he deserves towards the end of the season.

I agree.

Fantastic signing.

We have kept hold of him too long as we have with many players.

He is no longer a viable option and will be off in the summer. Unfortunately Kolorov has another year after that.

We have the worse 2 left backs in the league still can't believe we brought so many young wingers and loaned them out instead of addressing this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.