Gael Clichy

BlueCityfan

I post it here where it should be posted (I made a mistake first and posted it on general football):

Everybody is talking about how much better we would have done with Tevez in the side for the whole season. But how much better would we have done if we had not rotated Kola and Clichy as much???

Clichy was immense again. We definetly need to sell Kolarov in the summer. I feel Mancini has played Kolarov just to keep him happy. Even if Clichy is better.

I think we need a young LB. Understudy to Clichy. Someone who has alot of potential but doesn't need to play every game.

Kolarov is an experienced LB hitting his peak. Just like Clichy. He should be sold somewhere where he will get regular games. We have rotated Clichy far too much. He doesn't need that much rotation.

You're completely wrong.

Clichy played very well, and is a very good player and our best defender at left back. But he cannot cross the ball and thus chooses to pass it back from crossing positions which Kolarov would exploit. Since the opposition have become better equipped to deal with our attacking threat, we've needed to cross the ball to get a goal away from home. Clichy's inclusion is why we've struggled to do that.

Good managers don't just play their 11 most talented footballers. They play the 11 best suited to beat the opposition.

joezilla said:
how many goals did clichy score and how many kolarov?

You're judging the quality of a left back by how many goals they scored?

I think we need them both, with the amount of games we have in a season we need atleast 2 good players in each position.

Both offer something different.

If a team sets up to park the bus, Kola is there to help break them down.

But days like today we were always going to need a pacey fullback to both defend and attack, which is where he came into his own.

They are both needed.

Bluemoon115 said:
Both offer something different.

If a team sets up to park the bus, Kola is there to help break them down.

But days like today we were always going to need a pacey fullback to both defend and attack, which is where he came into his own.

They are both needed.

^^^^^^^
THIS

Kolarov offers everything Clichy doesn't as a LB so they are the perfect pairing for us. Kolarov however is a bit too good I feel to settle for being a sub left back so if Inter follow up their interest with a decent offer I can see him leaving.

Clichy has got better since he came here. He could always get up and down the wings with Arsenal. This season his defending for me has got better and add that to his speed and attacking down the left. I feel we are better with him and Richards as the fullbacks in the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.