Gambia

supercity88

Anyone been before? Thinking of booking a last minute deal here circa March this year. Just wondering whether anyone has been before and whether they would recommend - hotels, things to do etc. Apologies if there is a thread covering this somewhere else.

went about 15 years ago and loved it. First time we went, we stayed in the Palma Rima in Serrekunda. It wasn't the best - we were all inclusive but at times the food was so crap that we went to a local restaurant - best of the bunch was Luigi's: http://www.luigis.gm/ which looking on their website now, has expanded beyond all recognition. It's owned by an Italian bloke and his English wife. We stayed here the second time we went, and paid for the accommodation with the extra money that we pocketed by changing money on the black-market. We'd met up with a guide the first time we went, who had been the guide for a mate who had been a few months before us. He was absolutely brilliant and took us all over the place, for very decent price.

I'd love to go back

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Im going on 7th March for 2 weeks

Where are you staying? It seems as if Thomas Cook are the main flight operators, did you book through them?

supercity88 said:
Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Im going on 7th March for 2 weeks

Where are you staying? It seems as if Thomas Cook are the main flight operators, did you book through them?
Me and my old man have a place there, and my friend has a place called Easy Time Lodge in Kololi. I'll stay between the two as Easy Time is where the nightlife is. Google Easy Time Lodge and if you can get in there, do it, its a great laugh. And yes, Thomas Cook fly there. Monarch do also but unless youre a 4 foot midget or the winner of slimmers world the seats on their planes will give you problems

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.