Game of the season

Arsenal was a pretty good game and played at some pace by both sides. City of previous seasons might have crumbled drop points. We then went up another gear and scored when needed.
It was a dip from previous games I thought for obvious reasons, but still very satisfying to beat a rested team, in what was a massive game for them.

Beating Chelsea 1-0 on their patch in the manner we did was the best for me.

We shook Liverpool for about a month, and I think we did the same to Chelsea. Undermined their confidence and it took them a few games to recover

I have no idea which was the best game, but re the Chelsea game, it only finished 1-0, & imo that is a credit to Conte for getting it right, & Chelsea doing well to live with us, rather than as some suggest, him getting it wrong. If he'd got it wrong, it would have been 5.

Technically, that would have to be the best game imo, for that reason.

But that doesn't mean it actually was the best game, overall.

I have no idea which was the best game, but re the Chelsea game, it only finished 1-0, & imo that is a credit to Conte for getting it right, & Chelsea doing well to live with us, rather than as some suggest, him getting it wrong. If he'd got it wrong, it would have been 5.

Technically, that would have to be the best game imo, for that reason.

But that doesn't mean it actually was the best game, overall.
I agree. If Conte had brought on a forward when Morata got injured it would have been a spanking. Conte knew that they had to just stop City playing at that point. Considering City were the away team it was an emphatic victory.

Chelsea as I missed Napoli for work.

We aint seen nothing yet though, at the end of the season I'll wager those 3 games dont feature in our top 5 performances of this season.
Absolutely. Scanning the horizon for a sick swan.

Last edited:
Our performance vs Chelsea was quality from start to finish but the Napoli game was the highest quality game I've seen for a long time. Both teams were excellent so I'd go with that one.

Napoli away has to be the best game performance wise. They have been consistently performing very well this season. Their pressing was impeccable. Put us under huge pressure so early in the match. From going goal down to win the game by scoring 4 goals against such a brilliant side was a huge statement.

Bournemouth away must be up there for importance.
That last gasp goal and we have kicked on from there after an average start scoring wise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.