Game of Thrones (season 8)

She freed the slaves in Mereen, she took revenge after they crucified slaves, can't remember were they kids?,. Afterwards under pressure she opened the fighting pits and was even going to marry one of the fucking nobles until the harpy's intervened.

Her actions in kings landing cannot be justified, but thats not the point, it's the lack of story for her downward spiral into madness thats annoying. Lazy, rushed writing has given an unsatisfactory end not just to Dany's character but also virtually every major character left standing.

See the Kit Harrington interview? Sum up the ending of game of thrones in one word Kit? He answered disappointing, I feel the same way.
You could have asked him about his acting ability and got the same answer.

See a lot of criticism on Dany's plight to the mad queen but to put it into perspective:

She loses two children (dragons)
Loses half her army
Loses her longest friend and protector who loved her and kept her alive.
Watches her best friend beheaded
Discovers her new love is actually her Nephew
He also happens to threaten her entire reason for being, to claim the iron throne.
Betrayed by her trusted allies

If she didn't go mad, it would receive criticism for not being realistic. If it took too long, it would receive criticism and detract from the main story.

If you're gonna go mad and impulsive on the back of grief and anger, it has to be quick. You can't be impulsive over a sustained period of time.

There was a lot wrong with S8 but I don't feel like they got Dany's arc wrong. In fact, Dany, Jon, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion all ended up where they were destined to. Not so sure about Bran, and Sam/Podrick definitely should've died in the Long Night. Jamie/Cersei death a bit weak for me. The fight of two queens was the narrative for so long, but then they didn't even fight! Felt Cersei would've gone out with a better fight but she was a bit knackered when Dany burnt all the scorpions. Surely she'd would've had one in her tower.

Final episode?

I felt like getting a present as a kid. All excited, tearing off the gift wrapping, opening the box, rummaging through the loads of paper, finally finding a picture of the carpet in the front room, attached to it a note saying it’s now mine, but I have to keep it there.

I've been watching series 1-7 during the final season and I've just finished Season 5. What a season! Jamie and Bron in Dorne, The High Sparrow v Cersei, Tyrion dragged off to Meereen by Jorah, the Sons of Harpy Rebelion, Arya in the house of Black and White, Stanis in the North, Hardhome and the murder of Jon Snow.
Far, far better than this series. The main difference/problem being how rushed Series 7 and 8 were.
Incidently episodes 1 and 2 of Season 8 were pretty damn good and compare very well with the earlier series

Exactly what I thought, all downhill from the Battle of Winterfell.

I watched some scenes from the earlier seasons last night, was amazing looking forward to re watching it all and stopping at season 6 haha. Tywin was such a good character.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.