Game of Thrones (season 8)

Fucking hell, some right moaning Minnie’s on here. One of the greatest TV shows of all time reaching its conclusion. None of the other seasons has been shit, so why should this one be? Let’s try and be a bit positive, eh!

It's going to get very fucking tiring if it's a whole seasons worth.

If Martin had bothered to finish the books, then they probably wouldn't have had to finish the story themselves, which has ultimately led to usual tv tropes of big battles, some shaggin and less political intrigue

Last edited:
In Martin had bothered to finish the books, then they probably wouldn't have had to finishcth estory thwmselves, which has ultimately led to usual tv tropes of big battles, some shaggin and less political intrigue
Yeah, Martin's a twat. Still think we've gone 1 season further than the number of books here though, with extra battles. Hopefully it's not a TV version of Memory of Light.

Maybe we should rename the thread.

“Miserable cunts who have all watched every fucking episode, are moaning like fuck about how the finale will turn out. All in here please”

“Miserable cunts who have all watched every fucking episode, are moaning like fuck about how the finale will turn out. All in here please”
Fucking hell, a preview/discussion thread of an upcoming TV series with people actually discussing their expectations of it, imagine that?

If lost me with Oberynn Martell. Why introduce a cool character only to kill him off? It was pure shock value

- Oberyn's backstory serves to show the brutality and evil of the Mountain
- He creates a contrast with Cersei, who'll do anything to protect her children, when he says "we don't hurt little girls in Dorne"
- His character is a warning from Martin about how easily anger and a hunt for revenge can consume a person and lead to their death
- He represents a small tinge of hope for Tyrion during the trial by combat which, when it's suddenly taken away, is one of the things that drives Tyrion to double-murder
- The death of Oberyn sparks the conflict between the Dornish and the Lannisters

Oberyn was a great character but died at the right time IMO. His arc was over, he got the confession he wanted and then was killed when he had nothing left to give.

A few times, probably.
And with a bunch of viewers who have been through the Red wedding, well, can't blame for being miserable cunts can we? Almost as depressing and full of misery as a Monday morning at the office.

- Oberyn's backstory serves to show the brutality and evil of the Mountain
- He creates a contrast with Cersei, who'll do anything to protect her children, when he says "we don't hurt little girls in Dorne"
- His character is a warning from Martin about how easily anger and a hunt for revenge can consume a person and lead to their death
- He represents a small tinge of hope for Tyrion during the trial by combat which, when it's suddenly taken away, is one of the things that drives Tyrion to double-murder
- The death of Oberyn sparks the conflict between the Dornish and the Lannisters

Oberyn was a great character but died at the right time IMO. His arc was over, he got the confession he wanted and then was killed when he had nothing left to give.
Good summary.
And his story arc (as well as Robb Stark) were also probably a "warning" as you put it, that being noble, capable and brave isn't enough.
You got to be ruthless and finish the job / opponent, instead of being cocky.
Hope that's not an epitaph for our current season...

Not gonna lie, looking forward to Gomorra about 10x more than this. It is the right time to round off GoT. I may be more into it come the time but 2 years and now i am just a bit "meh". Gomorra really fucked me up for TV shows. Everything is judged against that now and nothing meets it bar maybe Narcos season 1 and the first 6 seasons of GoT.

If kfa Snow just lives and kisses dragon tits at the end with everyone happy and smiling i'll be well pissed off. I keep very little preconceptions as you ruin stuff for yourself that way. However this arc has been banded about for a while. Now we approach it i think it would just be lazy should that happen. The rest i am a blank canvas for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.