Wasn't thrilled with ep1 but ep2 was great. If they had cut the dragon riding crap out of ep1 along with half the lame 1 liners they could have made a single ep that covered 1+2. It may be that I didn't need any catch up as I've watched them all again recently but I found ep1 to be the weakest in all the series to date. Ep2 however was bang on.
All the great clasical sagas have such momments and ep 2 was great in my opinion.
Read any tolkien, cornwells arthurian trilogy, old saxon and norse sagas, etc.
They will have the calm before the storm chapters where it is mostly the charactors just about talking, remeniscing, enjoying their last momments before certain death.
For all the moaning the little things were what made it
- The child wanting to fight burn scars and it's similarity to shireen greyscale and Davos look when she comes up.
- The nights watch reunited with ghost also included
- Tormunds surname revealed in maybe the weirdest story ever and davos and jamies face as he tells his tale
- Briene finally getting recognised as an equal to the knights, also potential threesome on there
- Danny in both conversations with sansa and jon revealing she cannot seperate ruling from whats important, which I fear means danny ain't making it to the end.
- Greyworm talking about the future means he's dying next week
- Roberts proposal to ned about their children getting it on happened, just the a different son and daughter
- Though seeing arya arse cheeks and side boob, when you have watched her as the young lass grow throughout the show was a bit, nah didn't wanta see that, her slitting peoples throats fine, but her tits, no
- Jorah reconciled with his house
- Euron and Sansa moment in front of danny was clever way to show how the difference between the 2, danny burns people who wronged her, sansa ebraces them offers redemtion and sees their use and that forgiveness and unity are better.
- Where the fuck was the night king??
Yes we all want some battles and political intrigue, but we are at the final battle now and any good war story has long drawn out momments of the charactors just talking and reflecting, this was that episode
Fair points, all.I think this narrative change and pandering to fan service has been happening for a while now. Look back to season one and there weren't any battles at all put to film (even though there were a heap in the background) It didn't need action because the writing was taught, sharp and the dramatic points weren't mired in action. The pacing of the seasons has been ruined in the last few. Perfect example, in the time it takes for Theon to rescue his sister in Kings Landing and return to Winterfell, Berrick, Tormund and Ed only made it from Last Hearth to Winterfell - which if you look at this map is absolutely laughable. And for those saying that you need an episode the set things up for what is to come - we've had that - it's called the last seven seasons...
Don't have an account?Register now!