Game On-Zimmerman vs Rapper

Oohvonkyvonky

Only in America... A "Celebrity" boxing match between a man aquited of a racist muderer and a 6ft 5 - 17 Stone rapper!

George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murdering unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin last July, will participate in a celebrity boxing match.

Damon Feldman, who is promoting the event, confirmed it will take place in just one month on March 1, and that Zimmerman will donate all earnings to charity.

But though Zimmerman was found not guilty last year and is making such a generous donation, it is likely many will take pleasure in seeing him potentially knocked around a ring and put through extreme physical harm.

The fact he was quoted by TMZ as saying he is “open to fighting anyone, even black people”, may not help his case.

And one high-profile ‘black person’ has made clear his desire to stand opposite Zimmerman in the charity fight: hip-hop star The Game.

"I would not be boxing for me," The Game told TMZ. "I'd be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family."

"I would box him to knock him out. I would definitely take pleasure in it.

“It's legal, and I want to show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon."

Standing at six-foot-five and weighing over 17 stone, The Game - real name Jayceon Terrell Taylor - would more than likely to some considerable damage in such an environment.

Either way, Feldman insists he will not be promoting this as “a race thing”.

"We haven't discussed purple, yellow, white, black," he said.

Zimmerman was found not guilty of all charges levied against him after he fatally shot unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin during a fight in February 2012 inside a gated community in Sanford.

The 30-year-old Hispanic man claimed he had killed Martin in an act of self-defence.

Zimmerman remained without charge for 44 days after the shooting occurred, which led to nationwide protests and sparked furious debate over racial profiling and the right to use weapons in self-defence.

Further demonstrations broke out after Zimmerman was acquitted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.