Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobwebcat

Team supported
Manchester City
We must be inviting offers for this guy?

I thought the reason he was so slow and refused to tackle was as a result of coming back from injury but he's still the same.

He looks equally as bad in any position, though strangely he played really well in one game vs Chelsea at home.

Am I missing something? He's one of the slowest players I can remember at City and I can't imagine him fitting into a pressing game as by the time he reached the player they would have gone.

Can somebody tell me what he contributes and why we should keep him once we've signed a centre half?

Seriously I don't get it.

Pre-season can be seen as meaningless on the pitch but today Garcia played the majority of the second half as centre back in the place of Kompany. Personally thought it was the best I've seen Garcia look on a football pitch in a City shirt.

foreverablue18 said:
Pre-season can be seen as meaningless on the pitch but today Garcia played the majority of the second half as centre back in the place of Kompany. Personally thought it was the best I've seen Garcia look on a football pitch in a City shirt.

you been drinking bro?

birchwoodgingerste said:
foreverablue18 said:

you been drinking bro?
I thought he was pretty good too, tbf.

birchwoodgingerste said:
foreverablue18 said:

you been drinking bro?

Did you watch the game at all?

Just to make it clear I'm not talking about today's friendly although again he looked one paced to me. I must be missing something if you guys rate him.

Credit to him, he played ok today, but stil saw him get caught out a few times. Let's also bear in mind the opposition. The south african league isn't exactly amazing now is it. He has to go for me. I've said it all along, at the heart of it he's an average athlete....mediocre pace, not very powerful or strong, not very aggressive, not agile, doesn't seem to have a good gas tank (he certainly doesn't seem to work hard). Milner is x10 the player this guy is. We also have Barry, Yaya, Fernandinho. That's 4 players who are ahead of him. Get rid and let someone like Razak feature more. I know he gave away (a very soft) penalty tonight but he has talent. He presses, he's hungry and has a good brain to go with his clear athleticism.

He deserves another year. That's the least we can afford him surely? And in a years time, we could be cutting our losses on a player who looked like a powerhouse in his respective league. It's football, it happens. We move on.

Alternatively, we could be singing his praises after an excellent season doing what he does best. Granted, there's not much evidence of that happening at the moment, but stranger things have happened. Factor into that that a first season in the prem can be tough for some players, especially for the (ahem) speedily challenged player like Garcia. We'll just have to wait and see.

Plus his missus is fit as fuck, we wouldn't want to lose her now would we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.