Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Can't beat a bit of twitching.

I have a decent garden which is semi wild also so lots of frogs around.
I feed the birds(and squirrels) with sunflower hearts .

Blue Tits
Long Tail Tits
Wood Pigeons
Collared Doves
Gold Finch
Green Finch
Starlings
Blackbirds
Sparrows
Chaffinch
Sparrow Hawk
Bats
Heron
Song Thrush

and my favourite Nuthatch.
Nuthatches are lovely. I have seen a couple of treecreepers when out and about but not in my garden.

I don't watch love island, never even seen a clip. It sounds fuckin' shite mate.
You are lucky. My Mom was staying with us for a few weeks and I put series link on so that when she's here she can watch it. Now I can't stop myself from having a sneaky peak. It's basically a scarily funny and ridiculous variety of Garden Birds.

Robins, blue tits, a couple of goldfinches, the usual thrushes, gangs of starlings, blackbirds, sparrows, pigeons etc etc. With a couple of Red Kites keeping an eye out on occasion. Beautiful things.

All fed with a variety of hangers, some in trees, some not. Robins appear to like mealworms. Starlings everything. Absolutely everything. Apart from fat balls. No one likes them for some reason.

You lot obviously live outside of Manchester, the birds only visit my garden in two's and are tooled up for their own protection, I am jealous of all of you with your big long lists, perhaps I am not looking properly ! mind you I am just watching the sparrows in amongst the creeping plants I have and where the baby frogs are, I bet the bugers are eating them all.

You lot obviously live outside of Manchester, the birds only visit my garden in two's and are tooled up for their own protection, I am jealous of all of you with your big long lists, perhaps I am not looking properly ! mind you I am just watching the sparrows in amongst the creeping plants I have and where the baby frogs are, I bet the bugers are eating them all.

You'd be surprised what you'll find visiting even the most urban gardens if you put feeders out.
As long as there is some kind of greenery/cover/habitat nearby word gets out quickly amongst them that there's a new source of food.

You get a greater variety in Britain than in Ireland. I'm in Dublin but have been surprised by the long list I've seen in the garden over the past ten years.
Resident Robin, all year around.
Sparrows
Dunnocks
Thrush
Mistle Thrush
Gold Finch
Green Finch
Siskin
Coal Tit
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Wren (hard to catch sight of, but they are actually one of the most numerously populated)
Sparrow Hawk (Caught a sparrow through the trees and landed on the lawn with it.)
Collared Dove
We had a rare pair of wagtails a few years ago. Can't remember exactly what they were but they were migratory.
I looked them up and the book said they may stop in one area to refuel before heading of to Africa or somewhere.
Sure enough they were gone after about a week or so.

Not particularly welcome but also;
Starlings
Magpies
Wood Pigeons

Pigeons and magpies can do one for me one shits every where and one makes a racket while tearing young birds to threads.

When I lived on the Merseybank estate I used to see green paraqeets who used to fly to and from Chorlton Water Park over my house to Southern Cem.
dscf8507.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/con.../21/210109_manchester_parakeets_feature.shtml

Can't beat a bit of twitching.

I have a decent garden which is semi wild also so lots of frogs around.
I feed the birds(and squirrels) with sunflower hearts .

Blue Tits
Long Tail Tits
Wood Pigeons
Collared Doves
Gold Finch
Green Finch
Starlings
Blackbirds
Sparrows
Chaffinch
Sparrow Hawk
Bats
Heron
Song Thrush

and my favourite Nuthatch.
I have a box on the wall in the garden and have had nuthatches nesting there 3 years running now, what a racket they make tailoring the box to suit their needs, great to watch them though...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.