Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Jeez BMR I am kealous, what I would give for a woodpecker, I keep my garden semi wild deliberately, at the moment so the baby frogs have some where to hide, but it is all done to encourage wild life and yet all I get is the usual, sparrows and blackbirds. The odd thrush calls as do the robins but usually it is the effin pigeons and magpies.

Jeez BMR I am kealous, what I would give for a woodpecker, I keep my garden semi wild deliberately, at the moment so the baby frogs have some where to hide, but it is all done to encourage wild life and yet all I get is the usual, sparrows and blackbirds. The odd thrush calls as do the robins but usually it is the effin pigeons and magpies.
Keep your pecker up musty, you might see woody soon mate.

My neighbour has seen quite a few rarer birds in his garden but he's been observing them for quite a while chewing on his nut sack and fat balls. I must get a nut sack and fat balls so I can see his birds.

Wood Pigeons, Bluetits, Sparrows, Robins, Wrens, Ravens, Starlings, Woodpeckers, Magpies, Blackbirds. Once saw a Kestral.

Can't beat a bit of twitching.

I have a decent garden which is semi wild also so lots of frogs around.
I feed the birds(and squirrels) with sunflower hearts .

Blue Tits
Long Tail Tits
Wood Pigeons
Collared Doves
Gold Finch
Green Finch
Starlings
Blackbirds
Sparrows
Chaffinch
Sparrow Hawk
Bats
Heron
Song Thrush

and my favourite Nuthatch.

Last edited:
We have all the more common;
green finches, bull finches
blue, great, coal tits
dunnocks, chaffinch, gold finch
siskins
sparrows, blackbirds, starlings, jackdaws, rooks, magpies, wood pigeons, collared doves

plus occasional visits from:
long tail tits
woodpecker
sparrow hawk
Nuthatch, blackcap
waxwing
thrush, mistle thrush
redwing
goldcrest

we have a lot of feeders up!

We have all the more common;
green finches, bull finches
blue, great, coal tits
dunnocks, chaffinch, gold finch
siskins
sparrows, blackbirds, starlings, jackdaws, rooks, magpies, wood pigeons, collared doves

plus occasional visits from:
long tail tits
woodpecker
sparrow hawk
Nuthatch, blackcap
waxwing
thrush, mistle thrush
redwing
goldcrest

we have a lot of feeders up!
Impressive list that mate. I have it a modest garden size wise but it overlooks the foothills of the Moors and quite rural, so hoping to see what's out there. I think I need to make a bird table and get to observe a wider variety too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.