Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Was putting my bins out about midnight and heard a lovely enchanting "twit-twoo twit twoo" in the distance. A pair of Tawny owls calling each other. Not seen an owl for a while but what a lovely sound it was in the still of the night.

I think one of the good things happening in this lockdown is air and noise pollution has diminished by probably 90%. And it could be that nature birds and animals are fighting back and flourishing? I think so...

Was putting my bins out about midnight and heard a lovely enchanting "twit-twoo twit twoo" in the distance. A pair of Tawny owls calling each other. Not seen an owl for a while but what a lovely sound it was in the still of the night.

I think one of the good things happening in this lockdown is air and noise pollution has diminished by probably 90%. And it could be that nature birds and animals are fighting back and flourishing? I think so...
Not so sure about that.Yes there are less people and in some cases more visible wildlife....But the disappearance of wasps Bees hornets dragonflies damsel flies,blue bottles red bottles ,green bottles ...etc etc ..nean that bird species, in this country are on the decline....and have been for some years..6 wks of lockdown is neither here nor there......The reluctance of migatory birds to visit our shores is another indicator of where we are heading.The Cuckoo appears to have given up on good old blighty....sad.
The wifi and the masts have an awful lot to answer for...
And where are the mad angry Ants nests...used to be a daily scene..them Marching on together(leeds/The Alatm)..but The Damage Done (Sisters of Mercy ) by man is not gonna be repaired in a few weeks.
Anyone hear a Cuckoo this summer,...i might be convinced.
I doubt it.

Not so sure about that.Yes there are less people and in some cases more visible wildlife....But the disappearance of wasps Bees hornets dragonflies damsel flies,blue bottles red bottles ,green bottles ...etc etc ..nean that bird species, in this country are on the decline....and have been for some years..6 wks of lockdown is neither here nor there......The reluctance of migatory birds to visit our shores is another indicator of where we are heading.The Cuckoo appears to have given up on good old blighty....sad.
The wifi and the masts have an awful lot to answer for...
And where are the mad angry Ants nests...used to be a daily scene..them Marching on together(leeds/The Alatm)..but The Damage Done (Sisters of Mercy ) by man is not gonna be repaired in a few weeks.
Anyone hear a Cuckoo this summer,...i might be convinced.
I doubt it.

Quite agree but I suppose it depends on where you live and where you travel to. We're pretty blessed around here for all manner of wildlife...Hawks, falcons, buzzards and kites in almost plague proportions,huge wood ant nests in the forests, otters,weasels,mink and badgers, never seen a 'live' fox although I would imagine the local farmers may have something to do with that, we get toads, hedgehogs, newts, frogs and slow worms in our garden and even seen a pod of dolphins off the beach. Did I mention the worlds most stupid woodpecker in the the telegraph pole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.