Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Zabba has messed his rump up again , probably because it is itchy , i spoke to wildlife rescue today , they just confirmed what the other woman said , he said they have very thick muscle and skin on the rump and it can take a couple of months to heal, if it gets infected or he becomes quiet and acting differently , ie sepsis then they are the ambulance people to call back first and more local to me . I have a picture but cant work out how to do the spoiler thing

He nearly had my hand off just now with his fruit bread , nothing wrong with his appetite

We've got great tits building their nest in our birdbox and blue tits doing likewise (again) in a disused overflow pipe cavity on the side of the house.

After saying goodbye to the grey wagtail that's been coming in the garden every day for 6 months we still have 3 male reed bunting all over the bird table and ground food. Apparently the female reed buntings build the nests so these are probably just arsing about until the ladies have finished their work.
Brilliant.

Fascinating seeing the activity in the garden this morning.

Had interest of blue tits looking at 1 bird box again, which seems popular. Not sure if they mark it as there own. However got another fixed to an Oak tree at back of garden and activity with that one as well.

Relocated bird feeder last week and it’s attracted goldfinch for first time.
I can remember the first time i saw a Blue Tits nest with young....late 80s,Leicestershire arable farm land,in a hedge,next to a gate,..mother bird,surrounded by at least 10 beautiful tiny blue and white fluffy balls with eyes,and mouths open waiting for Mister Blue T to return with food.One of the most beautiful sights ive ever seen in my life.
The Tit Family are an incredible group of birds.they live,at the maximum...18months,if they are lucky...but they pack so much into their short lives.
This is why ,at the bird table,or on a tree/branch,Tits never sit still,constantsly bobbing and weaving and calling ....and Moving.

A393-B61-A-C532-4-AA6-8219-73075-B94-F42-D.jpg

War’s broken out on the feeder, the ‘Evening Grosbeaks’ just showed up
It’s like Alfred Hitchcock’s house.

Zabba had five scones and some fruit bread , just needs to stop sratching his wound , he is solitary now , billy no mates

Mummy fox came and took food home and buried some for later , just the two of them at the same time

More badgers coming now

I have exciting new , zabba has found a friend !

He came at 7.30 pm as usual , on his own but he came back at 9 ish with a group of six , he stuck witha bigger one , maybe his mum and a bit away from the other

I am so happy he is not alone any more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.