Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

saw a kingfisher on the Irwell at Agecroft a few weeks ago, i had never seen one before what brilliant colours, brought a smile to my face, the day felt better, i also saw a dark bird about the size of a thrush with a red cap, no idea what type is was, just that i had never seen one before.

saw a kingfisher on the Irwell at Agecroft a few weeks ago, i had never seen one before what brilliant colours, brought a smile to my face, the day felt better, i also saw a dark bird about the size of a thrush with a red cap, no idea what type is was, just that i had never seen one before.
Sounds like a woodpecker.

If it had a big bill, probably a woodpecker.

Had quite a selection today , too many to list but worthy note to a couple of Western Tanagers and a few Hummers

first view of a kingfisher startles a lot of people, spectacular, been lucky enough to see them while sat on the bank drowning maggots....
The ones in my neck of the woods look like this, at least twice as big too

Parky-and-alert-male-Belted-Kingfisher.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.