Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

My garden is full of young birds now. My wild area in the corner seems to have 4 female blackbirds that like being in there !.
Plus they seem to love the water bowl and are in the water for ages splashing around.

Havent seen the hedgehogs for around a month now. Use to get at least 2 a night but nothing now :(

Cant remember the name of this bird but it flew in and took a house sparrow of my bird table just now ( I think )!. My bird table hangs about 18inches from my window made me jump! ! .
Not sure if it got a sparrow as it was so quick. It went into a tree and I couldn't see it, until it flew away.
My garden is very quiet and still at the moment

I think it's a sparrow hawk
20200329_155258.jpg

Last edited:
659-E0106-1-DF3-4-A1-F-B275-808-D38564-ACD.jpg

Had a couple of these little ‘Wilson Warblers’ in my hops recently. Two minutes after I took this pic my piece of shit cat plucked it out of the air with a twizzling leap from seemingly a passed out pose. I almost killed the fat bastard

659-E0106-1-DF3-4-A1-F-B275-808-D38564-ACD.jpg

Had a couple of these little ‘Wilson Warblers’ in my hops recently. Two minutes after I took this pic my piece of shit cat plucked it out of the air with a twizzling leap from seemingly a passed out pose. I almost killed the fat bastard
Eventually spotted one.
Thought I was playing an avian version of "Where's Wally"

There is a beautiful jay in the garden with a flash of blue in its feathers , i will be mega pissed off if merlin gets that one
Beautiful, extremely clever bird.
I saw one this morning,feeding under a tree...until a passing Carrion Crow swooped down at speed to land on a branch in the said tree...in a flash,as soon as the CC had come into view,the Jay was off,at speed,a few yards away..to continue feeding...The Jay knew who was boss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.