Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

How cool are your badgers Karen?! We paid money to go badger watching in someone's conservatory in a remote part of the New Forest, and they were much, much more timid than that. In fact we barely saw four in the space of several hours. You've obviously got the knack!

How cool are your badgers Karen?! We paid money to go badger watching in someone's conservatory in a remote part of the New Forest, and they were much, much more timid than that. In fact we barely saw four in the space of several hours. You've obviously got the knack!
They have been coming for over a decade,each generation is born here ,they know my voice and come when they are called,i know each one,some are fearless others a bit more private,each one likes to eat where they like to eat,fussy lot in many ways,the bread is a treat,they get one of two bits each,i make sure each one gets their bit,one of last year's babies,the fearless one that zaba has taken over from,comes through the outer cat flap and bangs on the inner locked one if i am late,they must have an inbuilt clock,they make me happy,especially now

Meet zaba

The slight noise is mum talking to the smaller baby under the hedge

Top filming there Mrs Attenborough..!

Tried counting them but guess there must be the same again under your big bush as there are quite a few pairs of eyes peering out from there..!

The last time I saw that many oversized black and white mammals making incoherent noises was when we played Newcastle at home..!

They have been coming for over a decade,each generation is born here ,they know my voice and come when they are called,i know each one,some are fearless others a bit more private,each one likes to eat where they like to eat,fussy lot in many ways,the bread is a treat,they get one of two bits each,i make sure each one gets their bit,one of last year's babies,the fearless one that zaba has taken over from,comes through the outer cat flap and bangs on the inner locked one if i am late,they must have an inbuilt clock,they make me happy,especially now

my wife's auntie has a very similar thing going on in Marple, been doing it for many years.

do you worry that their habituation to you might be their downfall one day? i know it brings you much happiness and i'm not meaning to have a go, i just wondered if you'd thought about that

Meet zaba

The slight noise is mum talking to the smaller baby under the hedge

great stuff, BM's very own badger-whisperer. on a cautious note that shrub is a bit like japanese knot-weed, probably not but so near a building might be worth checking out......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.