Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

many years ago , family meal by the patio window, there was a thump against the glass, did not see what it was so carried on eating. Bit later the youngest stood up to take the plates to the kitchen, she wailed and pointed down to where a worm was crawling out of a black-birds beak......

I'm expecting Zebras and Wildebeest in the next instalment. Just squirrels in my back garden.

Well may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically…”

I haven't posted any vids for a bit but the update is,fruit bread is their favourite,zabba continues to be a little shit grabbing everyone else's food but he knows if he climbs up to the window he gets the first bits,there is no flies on him

Next door is delighted to see a baby badger come out from under the shed on his side,it backs into mine,he has footage he is going to show me tomorrow,the set is huge with three ways in and out,i am lucky I have a neighbour who loves wild life as well

We have Northern Cardinals nesting in the lilac bush next to the front porch. The male sits in the tree in front of the house and warns the female (who is sitting on the nest) whenever I let the cat out. The cat wouldn't have a clue they were there if the male wasn't carrying on. Can't take a decent pic but they look like this: Male and Female.

Pair-of-Northern-Cardinals.jpg

We have Northern Cardinals nesting in the lilac bush next to the front porch. The male sits in the tree in front of the house and warns the female (who is sitting on the nest) whenever I let the cat out. The cat wouldn't have a clue they were there if the male wasn't carrying on. Can't take a decent pic but they look like this: Male and Female.

Pair-of-Northern-Cardinals.jpg
Really colourful birds mate. Are the common over there?

Really colourful birds mate. Are the common over there?

Yep, but we've never had one nest on our property before. That's probably because I have let the lilac bush grow taller than normal. Funny thing is that I noticed them when I was starting to prune it back so I stopped. Going to have to keep the cat away once they hatch and start making noise.
They have a nice song as well.

Yep, but we've never had one nest on our property before. That's probably because I have let the lilac bush grow taller than normal. Funny thing is that I noticed them when I was starting to prune it back so I stopped. Going to have to keep the cat away once they hatch and start making noise.
They have a nice song as well.
They're not hard enough to live in Idaho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.