Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Watching swifts feed at dusk is amazing.
And the way they can drink at full speed, just putting their beak in the water.

Cardinals are great and they are abundant here. Very pretty birds and so vivid too. Had a pic on my old phone of around 6 pairs at once in our back garden. Was taken in winter and against the snow they really stood out.

As for the Blue Jays...pretty birds, but have an annoying and loud call and seem to bully all the others on the feeders.

Agreed on the Blue jays. Noisy little buggers.
The Cardinals have three chicks in the nest now and are taking turns feeding them.

Just had a seagull trying to get into the open bedroom window,that would have been interesting,finally found bread that they cant eat for some reason,granary

Agreed on the Blue jays. Noisy little buggers.
The Cardinals have three chicks in the nest now and are taking turns feeding them.
We don't get the Blue jays either but we get the Steller's Jay and the Clark's Nutcrackers...both loud and bossy
stellar-jay-1024x768-RBanno.jpg

Clarks-Nutcracker-Brees.jpg

Just had a seagull trying to get into the open bedroom window,that would have been interesting,finally found bread that they cant eat for some reason,granary

Who'd have thought it, a picky seagull..!

I bet your Badgers will be pleased to hear that Karen..!

More for them, especially as I recall it's their favourite..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.