Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Had a woodpecker here the other day.
Also had a fox eyeballing the cat. Will it try to eat/kill him?
They generally only scavenge dead ones I think mate. Unless they are starving.
Then again if you snuff it your cat may eat you.

a tale.

i was crossing the taxi ways of Manchester airport, when i saw something on the yellow line of the taxi way(planes follow these lines) i thought it was some sort of fruit, so asked my colleague what it was, (we report any fod( foreign object debris) to the air ops so they can remove it, so my colleague said it was a bird, so i we went to report it to an air ops, when we finally stopped one she said "i know" its a lapwing, its been there for two days(the airport is dead at the moment and this was on a remote taxiway) it apparently was making a head gesture and calling in a certain way that meant it had lost its mate and was mourning it, how fucking sad :(

A male pheasant has shown up at our house this week, he spends a good 3 or 4 hours pottering about. He sees off the magpies and wood pigeons but he isn't bothered about the little birds going to the feeders. Hopefully he'll hang around a while longer.

A male pheasant has shown up at our house this week, he spends a good 3 or 4 hours pottering about. He sees off the magpies and wood pigeons but he isn't bothered about the little birds going to the feeders. Hopefully he'll hang around a while longer.
ciBSXcy.jpg

A grey wagtail has been hanging about laserblue towers lately. We get one or two every autumn as we have a pond and they like running water especially when insects are becoming scarce elswhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.