Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

I have 2 neighbours with ponds and they get a random duck on them,i tempted to build one so i can watch the duck
I put a small pond in years ago and put fish in it. Only one fish left but he’s a good size now.
No ducks. It’s only about 5 foot by 2-2.5 foot, but it attracts loads of small birds to drink and bathe daily.
Great to watch them.

I put a small pond in years ago and put fish in it. Only one fish left but he’s a good size now.
No ducks. It’s only about 5 foot by 2-2.5 foot, but it attracts loads of small birds to drink and bathe daily.
Great to watch them.
Maybe i'll put a little one in,it's a pain refilling the same bird table every day,any idea of cost?

Maybe i'll put a little one in,it's a pain refilling the same bird table every day,any idea of cost?
I dug it out myself. Just paid for the lining and a small fountain pump. Use it sometimes for the trickling sound of water. No filtration system so just the planting. Oxygenating plants first for the fish. When there’s enough cover add the fish. That’s where I went wrong initially. Not enough cover for them and they feed off the algae so didn’t really need to feed them.

All in all a couple of hundred did it, including the plants.

It’s mature now and plants cover 90% of the surface. I pull stuff out occasionally. But it’s self maintaining really. Never feed the fish and he has sufficient cover for protection from cats and gulls or whatever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.