Gareth Bale

He wont have another seasonlike last sedason - his transfer fee and wages would be staggering and quite frankly salary and wages borh Spuds and the player would demand would maybe at a pinch be appropriate to a top 10 world player or someone whom scores 30 plus goals a year

Decent player no doubt but he no where fucking near nor will be ever be Ronaldo or Messi

We need a striker and a decent one at that Bale is a luxury a team needs balance we have enough creative players

BillyShears said:
Neville Kneville said:
So you've all created a thread on Bale, from fuck all, & when it becomes apparent that it's a load of bollocks, you're all going to start slagging off the club for not signing him, with even some of the mods behaving like little kids ?

We seem to be losing the capacity to think beyond the tabloid newspapers we so deride. Players like Bale are tabloid headline signings. Iniesta said the nearest player to Navas he could think of was Bale, and people actually mocked him saying that. I'm finding it all very confusing. We were shit and played well below par for most of last season and finished 2nd. I daresay if everyone of those players lifts their game by 20%, which we certainly know their capable of, we'd have won the league last season and none of this fear would be around. As it stands I'm happy with where we are. Last season's big problem is gone and that alone should account for a far better season performance wise than last. All will be well.

As for Bale himself. People should really forget having any serious hope. It's not happening - it couldn't be clearer if he rocked up on the backpage of the Sun wearing a Madrid shirt. That's where he wants to go, and that's why his agent keeps appearing on Marca TV.

Could not agree more with this, although it would be great to see Bale in our team I cannot see it happening

IanBishopsHaircut said:
BillyShears said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
his motivations are unknown.

You're in denial mate.

Ah my bad Billy...you obviously know him personally ;-)

Haha. No, but I have seen him talk about Spain, his agent talk about Madrid to Madrid's mouthpiece media outlet. I haven't seen him talk about other English clubs, or the media here even really link him with another British club. Doesn't seem to be a huge jump in logic that he wants to go to Madrid.

dctid said:
He wont have another seasonlike last sedason - his transfer fee and wages would be staggering and quite frankly salary and wages borh Spuds and the player would demand would maybe at a pinch be appropriate to a top 10 world player or someone whom scores 30 plus goals a year

Decent player no doubt but he no where fucking near nor will be ever be Ronaldo or Messi

We need a striker and a decent one at that Bale is a luxury a team needs balance we have enough creative players

I hope Saints have a 50% sell on..deal.. that would be so funny.

BillyShears said:
Neville Kneville said:
So you've all created a thread on Bale, from fuck all, & when it becomes apparent that it's a load of bollocks, you're all going to start slagging off the club for not signing him, with even some of the mods behaving like little kids ?

We seem to be losing the capacity to think beyond the tabloid newspapers we so deride. Players like Bale are tabloid headline signings. Iniesta said the nearest player to Navas he could think of was Bale, and people actually mocked him saying that. I'm finding it all very confusing. We were shit and played well below par for most of last season and finished 2nd. I daresay if everyone of those players lifts their game by 20%, which we certainly know their capable of, we'd have won the league last season and none of this fear would be around. As it stands I'm happy with where we are. Last season's big problem is gone and that alone should account for a far better season performance wise than last. All will be well.

As for Bale himself. People should really forget having any serious hope. It's not happening - it couldn't be clearer if he rocked up on the backpage of the Sun wearing a Madrid shirt. That's where he wants to go, and that's why his agent keeps appearing on Marca TV.

We?

BillyShears said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
BillyShears said:
You're in denial mate.

Haha. No, but I have seen him talk about Spain, his agent talk about Madrid to Madrid's mouthpiece media outlet. I haven't seen him talk about other English clubs, or the media here even really link him with another British club. Doesn't seem to be a huge jump in logic that he wants to go to Madrid.

If he's intent on going to Spain then fair fucks to him

But if he's not...then we are in with a very good shout...and you don't need a huge jump in logic for that speculation either ;-)

Stoned Rose said:
BillyShears said:
Neville Kneville said:

We?

We're all Blues mate and I'm trying not to get into them/us conversations having been on the wrong side of witch hunts like that in the last 12 months. Bottom line is that some people think we should be buying better or more high profile players. Fair enough, it's the summer and we've come off a disappointing season. For me though the key is - we've already strengthened in key areas of the field. We'll be better again next season and that's enough for me. To win things you need a bit of a luck even if you're completely prepared squad wise.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
BillyShears said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

If he's intent on going to Spain then fair fucks to him

But if he's not...then we are in with a very good shout...and you don't need a huge jump in logic for that speculation either ;-)

If Spurs decide to sell & Real Madrid decide not to sign him, & we decide we are happy to spend £80 million quid on one player, then we are definitely in with a shout (so long as Barca don't fancy him).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.