Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bale is being forced out he should do what he wants. Someone like Danny Mills is worse, he stayed just for more money and preaches football as a pundit

Bale is being forced out he should do what he wants. Someone like Danny Mills is worse, he stayed just for more money and preaches football as a pundit

These things - when handled badly set the two sides apart and encourage fans to take a side. The reality is there will be hundreds of players in this sort of position (although with less profile and £ involved). When they play out in the media its lose lose every time. And for me its always the party that puts it into the media that comes off worse. RM look like a bunch of clowns. The Neymar situation is the same but the reverse in that Neymar looks like a clown.

Interesting: so where do you draw the line between pursuing money and 'soul'? How much is enough? Like, if we take it to an extreme, should Jimi Hendrix have played for free to everyone or did charging for tickets make him soulless?

Bale's priorities might be different to yours and mine and I don't think that necessarily means he's a bad person, someone with no 'soul'. I might say I'd make a different decision myself but if money is what motivates him then have at it.

To believe that a person with different motivations is inherently malign, I'd have to be so narrow minded that I'd be more concerned about my own 'soul' than anything else. Something I've also noticed is that twice now you've responded by taking my point an imaginary step further than what I said then attacking that straw man point that I never made.

This makes me feel like your goal is more to get a sense of 'winning' a conversation than just casually exchanging views. Creates the perception that you're an angry person Neville.

In that case I won't bother replying to this one.

Jimmy Hendrix was a session musician, BEFORE he was known.

Afterwards, he became dead.

He was extremely well known as a brilliant session musician and his first big hits (hey joe & all along the watchtower) were covers of other people’s songs.
Certainly not the case that he only gained validity as a musician when he became known to the British general public - he was the same brilliant musician before you’d heard of him and when he was playing sessions - IMO my response was valid and using Hendrix as an example was poor in the context - probably due to someone not knowing much about him.

Yes we would.

Unless we had a gift to play top level football & were already stinking rich, in which case I'm pretty sure most of us would rather continue playing top level football, just as most top level footballers, most of whom could also move to China, also choose instead, to stay at the top for as long as they possibly can.

Most people are not money grabbing ****s.
I'd rather go get a mill a week in China and play than train on my own under a manager who hated me in Madrid tbf.

He was extremely well known as a brilliant session musician and his first big hits (hey joe & all along the watchtower) were covers of other people’s songs.
Certainly not the case that he only gained validity as a musician when he became known to the British general public - he was the same brilliant musician before you’d heard of him and when he was playing sessions - IMO my response was valid and using Hendrix as an example was poor in the context - probably due to someone not knowing much about him.

No your response was stupid because Hendrix died young giving him (relatively) more time as a session musician than as a frontman than otherwise would have been the case.

No your response was stupid because Hendrix died young giving him (relatively) more time as a session musician than as a frontman than otherwise would have been the case.

I can’t think why his age of death bears any relation to him him being used as a very poor example to support a loose analogy. If you’re trying to make a point that your analogy would have looked sensible if he’d lived longer then I refer you to the fact that he didn’t. . except maybe in your head.
Also can’t think why my response, which is factual and can be checked, should be called ‘stupid’ by you.
I’ll be pleased to be corrected on points of fact where I’m wrong, but on the facts I’ve put to you, I’m not ..

I can’t think why his age of death bears any relation to him him being used as a very poor example to support a loose analogy. If you’re trying to make a point that your analogy would have looked sensible if he’d lived longer then I refer you to the fact that he didn’t. . except maybe in your head.
Also can’t think why my response, which is factual and can be checked, should be called ‘stupid’ by you.
I’ll be pleased to be corrected on points of fact where I’m wrong, but on the facts I’ve put to you, I’m not ..

Then you have a reading comprehension problem because I explained it quite clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.