Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha. Yeah, because that's what I said.

Your position, as far as I can tell, is that footballers should disregard their contract if the club they signed for informs them that they are no longer in their plans. They should just walk away and get paid less somewhere else. A footballer who does this is 'professional' and is deserving of 'respect.' I pointed out that if this actually happened, if all football players had that mentality, then the club would hold all the cards, knowing that the player would always concede to their request at any point in their contract. This would make the original contract - a document both club and player signed to protect themselves - redundant. I never said anything about the stance Bale was making: you rather clumsily put those words in my mouth.

I have no respect for a footballer who is already loaded, who sits on his arse for 500k pw when he could likely get half that, or more, for playing football.

Seeing as the point was mainly about Bale, yes you did make a point about him.

And the notion that any one of these people in Bale's position give a flying shit about making a stand for other footballers vs their clubs, is utterly ridiculous.

So your point has no merit whatsoever.

I have no respect for a footballer who is already loaded, who sits on his arse for 500k pw when he could likely get half that, or more, for playing football.

Seeing as the point was mainly about Bale, yes you did make a point about him.

And the notion that any one of these people in Bale's position give a flying shit about making a stand for other footballers vs their clubs, is utterly ridiculous.

So your point has no merit whatsoever.

No I didn't. Again, for the hard of reading: no I didn't. My point was aimed at the generalisation you made about footballers who don't want to take a drop in earnings when their club breaks the contract they both signed. Although at least you've now narrowed it down to footballers on 500k a week, because there's fucking loads of them about isn't there?

No I didn't. Again, for the hard of reading: no I didn't. My point was aimed at the generalisation you made about footballers who don't want to take a drop in earnings when their club breaks the contract they both signed. Although at least you've now narrowed it down to footballers on 500k a week, because there's fucking loads of them about isn't there?

Your answer began: 'No because...'

No, means you disagree with my post.

My post referred to 'RICH players who earn OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money & sit on their arses compared that with merely earning a 'STUPID AMOUNT OF MONEY & actually playing football'.

How about reading what you reply to, first.

Your point is nonsense, as you yourself are making clear, because most players do not do that & would rather play & their clubs would rather get them out.

Some however, are not arsed about playing & prefer money.

They are not footballers anymore, they are purely businessmen.

If playing football is meaningless to you, & making money is your reason for living then yes.

I don't have a great deal of respect for rich footballers who prefer making outragous amounts of money & not playing football, rather than just making stupid money & still playing football, personally.

They are not footballers.
It's really a tough call. Get paid the €30m a year that he's owed to live in Madrid and play golf or take a 60% pay cut so he can get yelled at by Jose Mourinho or something.

I'm on Bale's side here (although I wouldnt want him purely based on age / cost).

Real Madrid get players like Bale (who was seriously coveted at the time) BECAUSE they offer 500k a week wages.

Then they decide that they want rid and so treat him like shit in the hope that he'll fuck off.

He hasn't, and so they're saddled with paying him the promise of salary that allowed them to convince him in the first place.

Well that's just tough shit.

It's really a tough call. Get paid the €30m a year that he's owed to live in Madrid and play golf or take a 60% pay cut so he can get yelled at by Jose Mourinho or something.

If he's not arsed about doing the thing his life should be all about, before he loses the ability to do it, for the rest of his life, then I'm sure it's no problem for him.

But if so, he's not a footballer.

I'm on Bale's side here (although I wouldnt want him purely based on age / cost).

Real Madrid get players like Bale (who was seriously coveted at the time) BECAUSE they offer 500k a week wages.

Then they decide that they want rid and so treat him like shit in the hope that he'll fuck off.

He hasn't, and so they're saddled with paying him the promise of salary that allowed them to convince him in the first place.

Well that's just tough shit.

I don't see that there are good 'sides' in it.

Real Madrid are a bunch of cunts, Bale is happy to earn money for fuck all & has no desire to do what he is supposed to love doing.

They deserve each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.