Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Bale and Rodriguez slated Zidane when he left. Then Zidane returns!
Was never going to work for either player after that.
Rodriguez shipped out cheaply, now it's Bales turn. Madrid offering half his salary is the only way the deal is possible with any club. 600k a week is not affordable for most clubs.
We will see how much he wants to play football. He could agree a wage of less than 300k with another club, say 100k on top of the 300k from Madrid. If that happens it's obvious playing football is his priority rather than money.
We'll see on that one!

Easy when you on 350k week and willing to F*** up you career.

I mean what's he fucked up really? He's already won the biggest prizes in the game at club level and played a pivotal role in those victories too. Still revered at international level and enjoys a great lifestyle outside of the game He's never refused to play for Madrid as far as I'm aware and he accepted a move away which Madrid scuppered. The problem is all of Madrid's making. Perhaps if he'd known that Madrid were going to try and force him out of the door and expect him to take a pay cut when they were done with him he'd have made an informed choice to play his football elsewhere. All he's doing is honouring his contract, Real Madrid have changed their mind and are now trying to paint him as the bad guy. Can't see how anyone would side with them in this situation. They way the act doesn't help other clubs one bit so I hope it makes them think twice in future.

I mean what's he fucked up really? He's already won the biggest prizes in the game at club level and played a pivotal role in those victories too. Still revered at international level and enjoys a great lifestyle outside of the game He's never refused to play for Madrid as far as I'm aware and he accepted a move away which Madrid scuppered. The problem is all of Madrid's making. Perhaps if he'd known that Madrid were going to try and force him out of the door and expect him to take a pay cut when they were done with him he'd have made an informed choice to play his football elsewhere. All he's doing is honouring his contract, Real Madrid have changed their mind and are now trying to paint him as the bad guy. Can't see how anyone would side with them in this situation. They way the act doesn't help other clubs one bit so I hope it makes them think twice in future.
He is on a crazy contract but for the last couple of years has hardly featured.

Now into the final stages of his top flight career, you would think he would be happy to move to a club where he was wanted and appreciated, even if he has to take a pay cut, the guy must be extremely wealthy as it is.

He seems to worry more about his golf handicap than his football these days.

He is on a crazy contract but for the last couple of years has hardly featured.

Now into the final stages of his top flight career, you would think he would be happy to move to a club where he was wanted and appreciated, even if he has to take a pay cut, the guy must be extremely wealthy as it is.

He seems to worry more about his golf handicap than his football these days.

So what if he so does? He's been frozen out out and has decided to fill his time doing something else. Does that make him a bad person? I don't want him at City at this stage of his career anyway, but I don't think he's a mercenary either. It's Madrid's fault. He's 31 now and reliant on his pace. Not sure he can achieve much else than what he has at this point so I'd probably quite happily take my salary off Madrid after the way they'd behaved if I were him and look forward to what I'm going to do with the rest of my life.

Tevez spent 5 months on the golf course in our FA Cup winning season. I think Mancini was the initial aggressor in that particular situation but I'd still say his conduct was worse than Bale's. Left Kompany to lead us the FA cup final and then had the cheek to lift the trophy when he eventually decided to show his face again.

So what if he so does? He's been frozen out out and has decided to fill his time doing something else. Does that make him a bad person? I don't want him at City at this stage of his career anyway, but I don't think he's a mercenary either. It's Madrid's fault. He's 31 now and reliant on his pace. Not sure he can achieve much else than what he has at this point so I'd probably quite happily take my salary off Madrid after the way they'd behaved if I were him and look forward to what I'm going to do with the rest of my life.

Tevez spent 5 months on the golf course in our FA Cup winning season. I think Mancini was the initial aggressor in that particular situation but I'd still say his conduct was worse than Bale's. Left Kompany to lead us the FA cup final and then had the cheek to lift the trophy when he eventually decided to show his face again.
In my book it makes him a bad professional, but each to there own.

Agree about Tevez, amazing player but his career will always be tainted by that incident.

Season after.

I sincerely hope he sits this one out and just collects his money. The arrogance of a club like RM to put a player on £600k giving two fingers to other clubs of their purported status and how they can attract anyone. Well that arrogance has a price and hope it damages them badly. I’m not gonna criticise Bale one bit, he has won everything at club level. Hope he uses his time to improve his golf and enjoy the Madrid life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.