Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season after.

Wow my memory is shot! So it was the title winning season then!

Actually I know why I thought it was the prior year. I think it's because Tevez was injured for the semi v United and I thought it was weird that, as club captain, he didn't go to the game.

He is on a crazy contract but for the last couple of years has hardly featured.

Now into the final stages of his top flight career, you would think he would be happy to move to a club where he was wanted and appreciated, even if he has to take a pay cut, the guy must be extremely wealthy as it is.

He seems to worry more about his golf handicap than his football these days.
Nope. You've won everything there is to win. Think of your time left in Madrid as a business. Let the money come in and spend the time preparing for your post career. Whether it's the U.S, coaching, TV etc. But never take a pay cut at the end of your career. That's just silly.

Wow my memory is shot! So it was the title winning season then!

Actually I know why I thought it was the prior year. I think it's because Tevez was injured for the semi v United and I thought it was weird that, as club captain, he didn't go to the game.

Yep, remember the Norwich game towards the end of the season where we won 6-1 and he did the golf swing after scoring. The title still looked over at that point.

Nope. You've won everything there is to win. Think of your time left in Madrid as a business. Let the money come in and spend the time preparing for your post career. Whether it's the U.S, coaching, TV etc. But never take a pay cut at the end of your career. That's just silly.

If playing football is meaningless to you, & making money is your reason for living then yes.

I don't have a great deal of respect for rich footballers who prefer making outragous amounts of money & not playing football, rather than just making stupid money & still playing football, personally.

They are not footballers.

If playing football is meaningless to you, & making money is your reason for living then yes.

I don't have a great deal of respect for rich footballers who prefer making outragous amounts of money & not playing football, rather than just making stupid money & still playing football, personally.

They are not footballers.
The only problem with your theory is if footballers did follow such noble ideals, contracts would be pointless.

No, they would get as much money as they can, for actually playing football, exactly as most of them are doing right now.
No, because all a club would have to do is say: "Even though you're only two years into a five year contract, we've decided not to play you. However, we know that you are 'professional' and will do the right thing by moving somewhere else on drastically reduced wages. Our billionaire owner says shut the door on your way out."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.