Gareth Barry on signing for City

Barry was crucial to City breaking through and wasn't underappreciated. Talking to any Blue I knew back then, we all knew what he brought to the team. He was invariably Villa's best player before he came too. Great to hear that he came to City for less money.

Should be considered alongside Carrick and Hargreaves as the best English holding players of their generation.
However, Carrick is constantly talked about as this underrated Busquets and Barry almost completely ignored by fans of anyone but Villa, City and Everton (maybe WBA).

He was a top class player, a rolls royce as they say. Great quotes there.

Didnt he slot in at times at left full when needed to. Just an absolutely solid bloke. Job needed doing. Gareth would do it, no fuss, and he could play. As has been said, with all the talent around him, he wasnt out of place.

We could do with him now

Didnt he slot in at times at left full when needed to. Just an absolutely solid bloke. Job needed doing. Gareth would do it, no fuss, and he could play. As has been said, with all the talent around him, he wasnt out of place.

We could do with him now
It's 20 odd years ago now but I think when he first broke through at Villa it was as a left back. Bridge was a striker at saints as well I'm certain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.