Gareth Barry Retires

We value athleticism and power in the modern game. Barry was a strong player, and an athlete but he was never quick. Not by a long way but he read and understood the game and always had time on the ball. One of the most under-rated players in the modern game. I am glad he played for City.

The perfect player to play beside YaYa and David.
Turned down the dippers and then signed for us a year later.
A City great and an Premier league legend.

We value athleticism and power in the modern game. Barry was a strong player, and an athlete but he was never quick. Not by a long way but he read and understood the game and always had time on the ball. One of the most under-rated players in the modern game. I am glad he played for City.

I've heard so many comments & on here about players we have had since 'reading the game'.

Gareth Barry, could read the game, almost to a supernatural level.

So many of the goals we concede now, would not be goals, if Barry was playing, he would just be stood where the pass was going & nobody would even notice there might have been a problem.

I know everyone thought he was just an average player, but he was actually better than that and i only realised it when he played for city. Great left foot, actually had good control of the ball and although he was slow, his positioning was always pretty good. He was the perfect foil for Gerrard & Lampard, so it's a huge disappointment they never did anything of note. As a part of the team that brought success to City for the first time in years, i'll always remember him fondly.

I know everyone thought he was just an average player, but he was actually better than that and i only realised it when he played for city. Great left foot, actually had good control of the ball and although he was slow, his positioning was always pretty good. He was the perfect foil for Gerrard & Lampard, so it's a huge disappointment they never did anything of note. As a part of the team that brought success to City for the first time in years, i'll always remember him fondly.
Was also versatile. Although didnt do it with us am sure he played LB and occassionally CB at Villa where he also took a decent pen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.