Gareth Southgate

Whether or not a woman coach could manage the men's national team and understand the differences between the two levels of the sport could be debated all day long.

What isn't up for discussion is the enormous pressure she would be under from all angles and from day one.

If coaching was as simple as getting a message across, I could supposedly manage England because I coached Longhill Ravens for 11 years and they generally followed my instructions and we punched above our weight for around 8 of those years.

Not really it's also about how clever the message is as well as getting it across, as we have seen with dumbass pundits shouting get it forward quicker can be done by any fucker.

Most of us could happily nod along all day with cliches

Get it forward quicker
Get round the back
Get more crosses in
Take on the fullback

Then if you listened to someone good like a Pep you would soon realise why he is so fucking good. Shouting at someone to do something is pretty darn easy. Explaining the best way to achieve it despite the best efforts of the opposition players and coach is where the talent lies.

If you constantly see decent players looking average, tactically poor and short of ideas that's because the coach isn't in the same league as the best.

Do you think the difference in physicality matters?

Even lads as young as 14 are bigger and stronger than women.

It's the only thing that matters, tactically and technically women can be just as good as men but the differences in strength and speed are just absolutely astronomical. It's why you can't let trans women play competitive professional female sport. I see no reason why there couldn't be a massively successful female manager, but she would ideally have experience in the men's game.

....and there lies the problem with stats, I was merely giving an alternative response to you believing that what he has achieved (or not) making him a good coach....there's a bigger picture!!
What you think, and my response, could be argued either way, so if you want people to leave their 'rabbit hole'....take your head out of the sand ;)
There's no head in the sand. A manager who gets us to finals is what we want. More than a manager who doesn't, which is what you're suggesting.

I think you have problems grasping that simple concept.

It's the only thing that matters, tactically and technically women can be just as good as men but the differences in strength and speed are just absolutely astronomical. It's why you can't let trans women play competitive professional female sport. I see no reason why there couldn't be a massively successful female manager, but she would ideally have experience in the men's game.
And I was beginning to think that I was the only one, who thought this.

No other poster has mentioned it.

Souhgate was poop. Only against Germany he has been successful playing against amongst the stronger nations and even they were looking needing to reset. Muller's miss was telling.
I think the Gundog missed that game too.
I thought that gave us a big advantage at the time.

Absolutely that's what we want.

That's not going to be a Sam Allardyce though.

No, I'm with you. Win record is irrelevant, it's tournament records that are.

We have to go foreign and it has to be someone who has won things. In a position with such huge pressure you need someone who can point to their CV and say "trust me I have won before, I know what it takes" and I'm talking the big prizes.

Then we have to fuck off Kane either full stop or at least as captain. That dribbling waste of space hasn't won anything, why we want a loser to lead a team that's lost for decades is ridiculous. He's scored so many goals and important ones, but it's just the wrong message to send out in my opinion. You want the press conference to have a strong message of "we're going to work hard, play our best football and perform under the pressure and try to win the game" not two muppets talking about how it's not fate but they've always dreamt that they might win something one day. That was pathetic.

No, I'm with you. Win record is irrelevant, it's tournament records that are.

We have to go foreign and it has to be someone who has won things. In a position with such huge pressure you need someone who can point to their CV and say "trust me I have won before, I know what it takes" and I'm talking the big prizes.

Then we have to fuck off Kane either full stop or at least as captain. That dribbling waste of space hasn't won anything, why we want a loser to lead a team that's lost for decades is ridiculous. He's scored so many goals and important ones, but it's just the wrong message to send out in my opinion. You want the press conference to have a strong message of "we're going to work hard, play our best football and perform under the pressure and try to win the game" not two muppets talking about how it's not fate but they've always dreamt that they might win something one day. That was pathetic.
I was fully behind Kane up until this tournament. Massive let down. He watered our attack down so much with his ambling around. When he went off no wonder we improved!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.