Gareth Southgate

Not really it's also about how clever the message is as well as getting it across, as we have seen with dumbass pundits shouting get it forward quicker can be done by any fucker.

Most of us could happily nod along all day with cliches

Get it forward quicker
Get round the back
Get more crosses in
Take on the fullback

Then if you listened to someone good like a Pep you would soon realise why he is so fucking good. Shouting at someone to do something is pretty darn easy. Explaining the best way to achieve it despite the best efforts of the opposition players and coach is where the talent lies.

If you constantly see decent players looking average, tactically poor and short of ideas that's because the coach isn't in the same league as the best.
That's what I said.

"If coaching was as simple as getting a message across, I could supposedly manage England..."

You've replied telling me it's more than getting a message across. I know.

That's what I said.

"If coaching was as simple as getting a message across, I could supposedly manage England..."

You've replied telling me it's more than getting a message across. I know.
My humblest apologies I misread it.

No need to shout though:-)

No, I'm with you. Win record is irrelevant, it's tournament records that are.

We have to go foreign and it has to be someone who has won things. In a position with such huge pressure you need someone who can point to their CV and say "trust me I have won before, I know what it takes" and I'm talking the big prizes.

Then we have to fuck off Kane either full stop or at least as captain. That dribbling waste of space hasn't won anything, why we want a loser to lead a team that's lost for decades is ridiculous. He's scored so many goals and important ones, but it's just the wrong message to send out in my opinion. You want the press conference to have a strong message of "we're going to work hard, play our best football and perform under the pressure and try to win the game" not two muppets talking about how it's not fate but they've always dreamt that they might win something one day. That was pathetic.
His poor form over nearly all the competition is the main reason Kane should get the chop. On a brighter note surely he must break his duck next season as Munich must win something.

Haven't the FA already said they have an interim plan in place should they not hire a new manager before the Nations League games start in September?
You would imagine the FA will sound out Pep, Klopp possibly Poch just to see if there is any interest at all. Pep has 1 year left, and if he does leave, you would expect after such a long stint he might want a break, but if any international team can pick him up next summer, he has a crack at a World Cup within 12 months.... could be appealing.

Having said all that, I expect them to appoint an English manager

His poor form over nearly all the competition is the main reason Kane should get the chop. On a brighter note surely he must break his duck next season as Munich must win something.

I was being very harsh on him. I personally think the captain should be someone who leads, not necessarily through shouting and arm waving, but someone that you know the team will respect. We've got a lot of good players and the majority have won more than Kane so I wonder if he can truly motivate them.

There's no head in the sand. A manager who gets us to finals is what we want. More than a manager who doesn't, which is what you're suggesting.

I think you have problems grasping that simple concept.
Are you suggesting we want a manager who can get to finals, but not win them (despite the footballing gods aligning everything in his favour) more than a manager who can win them?
That's a simple concept too ;)
If Pep leaves next summer and Waistcoat is available....I look forward to you telling everyone he's the best option, you will be on your own, and you know it!

Are you suggesting we want a manager who can get to finals, but not win them (despite the footballing gods aligning everything in his favour) more than a manager who can win them?
That's a simple concept too ;)
If Pep leaves next summer and Waistcoat is available....I look forward to you telling everyone he's the best option, you will be on your own, and you know it!
No. I was saying Southgate, as much as I disliked his tactics and style, had the best record of any recent England manager. It's just a simple fact for most people.

To which you said Capello or fat Sam had a better win rate which could also make them better managers.

Not sure what everyone else or Pep or being on my own has to do with anything.

I can't be arsed, I'm sure you can't, it's a lovely day, let's just leave it there, after you've had your say obviously.

I was being very harsh on him. I personally think the captain should be someone who leads, not necessarily through shouting and arm waving, but someone that you know the team will respect. We've got a lot of good players and the majority have won more than Kane so I wonder if he can truly motivate them.
Don't get this British obsession with captains, a leader will lead, a follower will follow, whether they wear an armband or not.
Italys captain was (maybe still is) whoever has the most caps....which didn't stop them winning world cups!
....and any player who 'needs' a captain to motivate them, shouldn't be playing football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.